Aspire tc-885 enabling integrated graphics with Nvidia GPU connected

dmoneyballa
dmoneyballa Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I have recently installed a 1660 super to my tc-885 that has an i5-8400. I saw that Adobe Premiere pro needs see my integrated graphics as well as my 1660 super to enable hardware encoding (https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/gpu-acceleration-and-hardware-encoding.html). When I go into my
bios on the motherboard, it says I have discrete video output but I can’t figure out how to enable the onboard graphic controller. It doesn’t allow me to got down and toggle it. Is there a bios update I can do to enable it?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Nope, I believe they have it all one or the other. The BIOS disables the onboard video as soon as it detects a discrete GPU and uses that instead. Acer makes a few laptops where the onboard screen uses a discrete GPU and the port for a second monitor uses the chipset graphics controller, but I don't know of any of their desktop models that will do that.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Nope, I believe they have it all one or the other. The BIOS disables the onboard video as soon as it detects a discrete GPU and uses that instead. Acer makes a few laptops where the onboard screen uses a discrete GPU and the port for a second monitor uses the chipset graphics controller, but I don't know of any of their desktop models that will do that.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.