XB271HU Screen tearing while watching movies

Harshy
Harshy Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
 Titels says it all. I have a 60hz 24'' on my right side using HDMI, my Acer pred in the middle using DP and a 50 inch TV running 60hz using HDMI but is never on. And none of those matter as i have tried it with only the Acrer plugged in and same ***** happens. I have a 1070 with a 8700k slightly over clocked and 12gig of ram and 2 SSDs. Now i have googled this to death. People keep saying just lower your hertz. ***** that. Iv changed every setting between my monitor and windows. Hours and hours messing with this monitor. Can i watch movies in VLC without stuttering when the camera moves? I dont not have a problem watching movies in games or chrome. VLC, Potplayer, windows movie thing whatever they are calling it this year are useless.i can watch a movie stutter then grab and drop it to my 60hz and bam, smooth as butter. I know what your thinking! Dont you even say change my hertz. Iv already told your iv done all that. So, any clues on a fix for this? or am i selling this PoS on ebay and picking up a ASUS. 

Answers

• Harshy

Tinkerer

I take back the part of no problem on chrome. Watching amazon prime does the same *****. Watch the first episode of "The Boys" and fast forward to the 27 minute mark. Now watch the next 20 seconds. Did your eye bleed? Are your cross eyed? No? Then you dont have this monitor. 
  • r3tr0
    r3tr0 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Hi @Harshy if you do not have gsync turned on with your xb271hu you might try adjusting the 3D settings in the nvidia control panel for the applications that are causing screen tears. From my understanding tearing occurs when the gpu is sending frames at a faster rate than the monitor can handle. This is supposed to be fixed with g-sync as it gives the gpu control to tell the monitor when to display the next frame. V-sync on the other hand utilizes 2 buffers if I'm not mistaken that allows a full frame to be produced before it is sent to the monitors display. The caveat to this is that if the gpu dips below the monitors refresh rate it will compensate by sending 2 of the same frames thus causing what looks like a stuttering effect. I would try turning gsync off on your monitor and vsync on for the application you are watching videos on OR make sure that g-sync is on and enabled. You can check the g-sync status in the nvidia control panel under the setup g-sync option. Hope this helps! let me know if you have any questions and forgive me if I mistakenly got some of the facts wrong. 
  • MyKnee
    MyKnee Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem, tried all kins of variations in settings from 24hz to 165hz, from gsync in full screen, windowed and no gsync, its still the same, video stutters both in browsers and played through a player like vlc or windows media player. And when I play that video on my secondary 10 year old monitor, it works flawlessly. I have tried to disconnect the secondary monitor completely, always restarting my pc, but still its like the xb271hu is broken.
    Its so sad that such an expensive monitor sucks for watching media. It is great for gaming tho, everything works great there, but man does this issue need a fix asap...

• Harshy

Tinkerer

Its the display port. Switch to HDMI and watch movies smooth as butter. You CAN NOT use Gsync or anything but 60hz... you know the reason i spent a extra 300 dollars more than a stock 27 inch, but hey least i can watch a ***** movie without it killin my eyes now. I had to buy a Asus 27 inch 144hz monitor that did the same ***** to find this out. Good thing amazon dont give a ***** about returns. Fix this *****.