My battery won't charge passed 80% 96%or 97% - Predator G3-572

batteryprolemoo
batteryprolemoo Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
So i have this problem where my laptop won't charge passed 80% 81% 96%97% if by for some miracle it does manage to get 100% which i got yesterday after holding the reset pin for 5 seconds and reinstalling api battery drivers multiple times. Even then after a few hours it will go back to 96% and the bleeping of the charger being connected/disconnected will cycle between on and off every 5 seconds (net power to battery power to net power to battery power and so on even do its connected to net power the whole time) Have tried letting the battery drain till the pc shuts down then letting it fully charge to drain to charge to drain multiple times but the problem remains. Also have tried booting in safe mode but also in safe mode t he problem continue. The only thing i haven't done is re calibrating my battery because i don't know if that is even related to my issue?! thoughts? and tips would be appreciated. (also i don't have the problem now its stuck at 97% but as soon as i pull out the charger and reconnect the problem will come back)

Answers

• batteryprolemoo
    edited December 2019
    No bleeping is there when charging it back up form where ever to 80% or higher but once the 80% or 96% is reaches the problem starts
    Also when running diagnostics nothing seems to be wrong

its a model predator G3-572

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Similar thing happened with my G3-572 today as well. I am on Windows 10, 1909. I did battery hole reset, reset BIOS defaults and then reinstalling of ACPI driver. The issue is gone now. Maybe try these steps in this order. If under warranty, have it checked with Acer.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • batteryprolemoo
    no warranty sadly
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    no warranty sadly
    Still get it checked.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!