I have predator helios 300 and i want to upgrade ram can i have help (ph315-51)

CleavAlive
CleavAlive Member Posts: 60 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
so this is what I got https://i.imgur.com/vCfh8DN.png

it says my ram is 1330 mhz but on amazon they only sell ram ith 2400 2666 3200 mhz what do i do? 

iv been getting blue screens of death under memory management and ntoskrnl.exe just after my warranty expired

what ram should i buy? or how can i fix the blue screen if its not my ram i didnt do memtest yet ith usb stick i did the other one with windows found no problems

Best Answers

Answers

• CleavAlive
    ok i just found this pictur ehttps://i.imgur.com/rPoYoFO.png

does it mean my ram is 2666 mhz?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,438 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    You have a 2666MHz module because DDR memory denotes Double Data Rate, so you have a module with 2x1330=2666MHz(roughly), you can view the memory details by going to SPD tab. As for the blue screen of death problem, wait for someone else to help you.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,438 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    ok i just found this pictur ehttps://i.imgur.com/rPoYoFO.png

does it mean my ram is 2666 mhz?
    Yes, that's correct, if you want to upgrade the memory buy another 8GB DDR4 sodimm 2666MHz module and install.
  • CleavAlive
    now maybe i need a solution for my blue screen of death if someone got an idea i already installed all the lastest bios ad softwares

there are my dump files 
    Crash Dump Analysis
    Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\WINDOWS
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Fri 2019-12-06 16:19:16 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120619-11921-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C14E0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x61948, 0x1000200, 0x1, 0x1000200)
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 2019-12-06 16:19:16 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!memset+0x6BF42)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x61948, 0x1000200, 0x1, 0x1000200)
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 2019-12-05 19:50:58 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120519-10343-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x13F321)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8076693F321, 0xFFFFC08A5D1699C8, 0xFFFF82803C8DF930)
    Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
    Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Mon 2019-10-14 14:59:30 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\101419-10218-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C1220)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFF908003470CD0, 0x0, 0x1)
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred. A page table page has been corrupted.

On Thu 2019-09-26 16:49:01 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092619-11218-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C10A0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41792, 0xFFFFD5003A73CC98, 0x1004100000, 0x0)
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred. A corrupted PTE has been detected.
  • Hi @CleavAlive
    Could you please start a new thread posting this Crash Dump Analysis as you have marked this thread as "Answered" many people won't look at it, thanks.
  • Hi @CleavAlive
    In the meantime try the fixes in this link below but still start a new thread as I have asked earlier.
    https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-stop-code-memory-management-bsod/