Disconnecting from Wi fi for couple sec Helios 300 PH317-53

Options
MariusL
MariusL Member Posts: 6 New User
edited December 2019 in Predator Laptops
My new Predator Helios 300 PH317-53 is losing wifi signal for a couple of secs and then coming back, after an hour again ( PS4pro working fine on the same router). When playing online games is really annoying. I don't have this problem on the mobile hot spot. I update drivers, change router channel from auto too manual 11. Nothing working, any ideas whats is wrong. Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    MariusL said:
    My new Predator Helios 300 PH317-53 is losing wifi signal for a couple of secs and then coming back, after an hour again ( PS4pro working fine on the same router). When playing online games is really annoying. I don't have this problem on the mobile hot spot. I update drivers, change router channel from auto too manual 11. Nothing working, any ideas whats is wrong. Thanks.
    Try checking this box 

You can use Device Manager to change the power management settings for a network adapter. To disable this setting in Device Manager, expand Network Adapters, right-click the adapter, click Properties, click the Power Management tab, and then clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box

Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • MariusL
    Options
    Thanks, gonna test this tomorrow.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you updated the driver too?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MariusL
    Options
    still the same problem, my old hp laptop doesn't have this problem just Predator.
  • MariusL
    Options
    Drivers up to date
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    MariusL said:
    Drivers up to date
    Version and Date please?
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • MariusL
    Options
    My bad looks like Killer have different drivers. Acer has old version. Testing new drivers :)
  • sloot
    sloot Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    I have the exact same problem with a month old acer aspire 7. Changing the power management setting as recommended above doesn't help. Reinstalling/updating/rolling back drivers doesn't help. Replacing the wifi card with a completely different one? That doesn't help either. Not a single other device on the network has ever had issues. Looks like its a deeper problem and not just some turn it off and on again fix. 
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    sloot said:
    I have the exact same problem with a month old acer aspire 7. Changing the power management setting as recommended above doesn't help. Reinstalling/updating/rolling back drivers doesn't help. Replacing the wifi card with a completely different one? That doesn't help either. Not a single other device on the network has ever had issues. Looks like its a deeper problem and not just some turn it off and on again fix. 
    I had this problem in 1903 since the installed driver was for 1809. I did the Power Management step but it didn't help. So I updated the driver to newer one from Microsoft Catalogue and the issue is gone for me.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • MariusL
    Options
    I update drivers from Killer no problems so far, Microsoft and Acer have 4 months older drivers. Don't understand why the Acer care center or windows update system cannot download the latest ones. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried updating the drivers on the intel website?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
    Options
    MariusL said:
    I update drivers from Killer no problems so far, Microsoft and Acer have 4 months older drivers. Don't understand why the Acer care center or windows update system cannot download the latest ones. 
    Acer care center never updated anything for me in any of the acer laptops i had :) the only use of this tool to me its to check the snid/model/and bios version

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• AntonyOscar
    AntonyOscar Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I got this exact computer yesterday and had the same problem. Tried a lot of solutions for this, but then a friend suggested that I try disabling the "connect automatically to this WiFi" setting. And it worked. So make sure to try this, especially if you don't have the same problem when using a mobile hotspot connection.