CB342CK monitor image doesn't match info on website, so I'm not sure if I'm referencing the correct

Options
Teemosan
Teemosan Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

I'm in Canada. I'm looking at a monitor on the Acer Canada site.

Acer has  a 3440 x 1440 ultrawide IPS monitor and I think it's listed as Acer CB342CK smiiphzx. I say "I think" because the info on Acer's site is contradictory. When I search for that monitor on Acer's site it brings me to this listing:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/model/UM.CB2AA.001

Notice the Model Name: CB342CK smiiphzx and Part Number: UM.CB2AA.001  
Scroll down and it says Maximum Resolution 3440 x 1440@75 Hz

But the pictures are not for a 21:9 ultrawide, but what looks to be a 16:9. ??????

Acer's site has no way that I could find to contact them by email. There's on linked email support. When I try to contact them by chat it asks for a registered product. I want to contact Acer by chat or email to include the link so they can look at it. 

Is the Acer CB342CK a 21:9 ultrawide or a 16:9? 

How can I contact Acer by email or chat (pre-sale inquiry where i can send a link) if I don't have a registered product?

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,052 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello,
    You are right. The pictures show a 16:9 monitor but they are not correct. Here is a drawing of this model so it is really a 21:9 monitor:

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,052 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello,
    You are right. The pictures show a 16:9 monitor but they are not correct. Here is a drawing of this model so it is really a 21:9 monitor:

France
  • Teemosan
    Teemosan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks,

Do you know how to contact Acer online? There is no email or chat link I can find on their site unless you have a registered product. 
  • laurent_14
    Options
    Hello,
    We can get informations about products by phone in France (#prévente). May be it is the same service in your country.
    France