How to verify if the charger is genuine or not?

Options
KASHISHBR0
KASHISHBR0 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

i have predetor 1660 ti version 2019 model, are those both chargers are original or one of them is duplicate?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,287 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, like PH3xxx-xx. Acer uses different compatible brand chargers as well,so I have seen chicony used in Acer laptops.
    EDIT: Yes, I have Chicony charger in one of my laptops.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @KASHISHBR0 They are both original acer uses chicony and delta adapters just because it doesn't say acer doesn't mean it's not official 😊

The only difference here is one its 135w and the other 180w there's nothing else unusual here also why do you have 2 adapters from different wattage? 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    what is the exact model of your laptop? Example A515-51-58VH. Does he own a gtx1660ti? It is important to remember that if you use an adapter with an incompatible voltage, it may be harmful to electronic components.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Saket007
    Saket007 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I brought this charger is it original or duplicate copy
  • Saket007
    Saket007 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Saket007 said:
    I brought this charger is it original or duplicate copy

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Saket007 Ideally, you should create a new topic.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jigar123
    Jigar123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    This adupture orignal or not?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Jigar123 What is the exact model? Example AN515-51-75KZ.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Shalu
    Shalu Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I would like to know whether this adaptor is original or not. Adaptor part serial no: 9NA0657XXXXXXXXXX

​​​//Edited the content to hide serial number.​
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Shalu What is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jerinselvaraj
    Jerinselvaraj Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I bought an new laptop, aspire3 i3 11th configuration, the charger name is chicony, is it is original or not, battery also suddenly drain out. Please suggest
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,287 Trailblazer
    Options
    I bought an new laptop, aspire3 i3 11th configuration, the charger name is chicony, is it is original or not, battery also suddenly drain out. Please suggest
    Hi,
    Yes, it's a genuine part, Acer uses some third party components in their devices, as for the battery drain, run Acer Quick Access App and disable "Power-off USB charging".

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Jerinselvaraj all chargers that come in the box sealed are original they can be Delta, Chicony etc or any other oem manufacturer neither Acer neither anyone else manufactures their own adapters they are all oem  as it was already said above

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,094 Pathfinder
    Options
    Jerinselvaraj 

In case of replacement you can always contact the warranty department  or if you want to buy a new charger my suggestion is to purchase the charger through acer store.   You will get a original charger which is designed for your computer. 

Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.   Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.

The charger which was shipped with new laptop will always be original as you have not purchased the charger  through third party. 

If your laptop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept.   They will provide more details about the charger. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★