ATC-605-UB12 lost sound

ARTX
ARTX Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I had my PC speaker wire get caught in my paper shredder and you can imagine what happened. Got a new set of better speakers, but they aren't working. They hum on as you are plugging them in, but no sound. They do work fine with cell phone headphone jack. Tried both rear and front connections on PC. It looks like there is not a separate sound card in this model. I did try rebooting. Any help and ideas is appreciated.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    So likely the shorts that happened when the audio cable got shredded must have zapped something in the audio circuit. The USB sound doesn't need to use that chip(s).
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    There are a couple of different pin outs on those audio jacks, with the wrong type the mic is swapped with the ground and that gives a static sound. If your speakers have the light green connector though they should be correct. Are you sure it's fully seated, or is something holding it out just a bit?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ARTX
    Thanks for reply.

Yes the plug is fully inserted and was tried in both rear and front access ports.

I ordered a USB sound card/ plug with mic and audio ports to see what that will do as a USB headphobe connected will produce audio from PC.
  • ARTX
    The USB audio adapter worked.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    So likely the shorts that happened when the audio cable got shredded must have zapped something in the audio circuit. The USB sound doesn't need to use that chip(s).