My Laptop's screen is not turning on. Nitro 5

Options
shivanigupta1038
shivanigupta1038 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2019 in Nitro Gaming
Actually i bought a laptop 5 weeks ago. It was fine till last night. But today's morning as I turned it on screen is showing nothing. Even, it's not turning on... Only keyboard light is on... I have my exam tomorrow in which i will need my laptop to show assigned work... Plz help me it's an emergency...
Model configuration and details-
Acer Nitro 5 Ryzen 5 Quad Core - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) AN515-43-R2M9 Gaming Laptop

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,783 Pathfinder
    Options
    @shivanigupta1038
    Press and hold the power button until the keyboard lights get off. Than try the below step
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole (unplug the charger if it is connected)now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec. Than try to turn on the laptop.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    Do what Jack says above. I am sorry that you are having problems but a word of advice, when doing important work ALWAYS back it up on a thumb drive

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• shivanigupta1038
    Options
    @Jack22 sorry jack but there is no pinhole at the back
  • shivanigupta1038
    Options
    andylb said:
    Do what Jack says above. I am sorry that you are having problems but a word of advice, when doing important work ALWAYS back it up on a thumb drive
    I never knew that my laptop will suddenly crash off... And project still needs some finishing touch so I didn't back it up...
  • andylb
    Options
    andylb said:
    I never knew that my laptop will suddenly crash off... And project still needs some finishing touch so I didn't back it up...

Standard operating procedure when computing, always backup your documents even if not finished
    You have an external battery. turn on so that the keyboard lights up then unplug it. press the power button for 12 seconds then leave everything alone for 15 minutes. Plug back in and try to power up

Please click YES if I have answered your question

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• shivanigupta1038
    Options
    It has non removal battery. Tell me another idea please
  • andylb
    edited December 2019
    Options

In that case it does have a pinhole, it is very small and easily missed. If it has a non removable battery it has a pinhole, if it has a removable battery it doesn't but it is one or the other and very often fixes your type of problem. See pic of mine below

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Rajarsi
    Rajarsi Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    andylb said:

In that case it does have a pinhole, it is very small and easily missed. If it has a non removable battery it has a pinhole, if it has a removable battery it doesn't but it is one or the other and very often fixes your type of problem. See pic of mine below

My laptop is Nitro 5 AN515-54 and it does not contain a battery reset pinhole yet it has inbuilt battery. Does the reset button get revealed when I take off the cover. I actually do not want to do that because I've just recently bought my laptop and it still has warranty.
    122111 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    My issue is also the same. No pinhole. No removable battery. What to do??
  • Praveendharmani1156
    Praveendharmani1156 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem @shivanigupta1038 please!! tell me how did you solved this problem 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Praveendharmani1156,

I suggest you to create a new post to get a better response mention the unit full model name in the post.
  • Praveendharmani1156
    Praveendharmani1156 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hello guys!! I need urgent help. My laptop is not turning on. Even both lights is off. My laptop is acer nitro 5 (AN515-54-563Y). My laptop has non removable battery and there is no pinhole backside of my laptop.i tried power button down and hold for couples of seconds so many times but still problem is not resolved. Please guys if someone can help me with this issue then please help me. Thank you so much ❤

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Praveendharmani1156,

Try to do power drain,

1. Power OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug all the cables.
    3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
    4. Turn ON the unit and check.​

• Vipin512
    Vipin512 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I also faceing Same power start problem
    .can any tell how to o solve it..
  • Vipin512
    Vipin512 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Jack22 said:
    @shivanigupta1038
    Press and hold the power button until the keyboard lights get off. Than try the below step
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole (unplug the charger if it is connected)now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec. Than try to turn on the laptop.

Also try this to hold power button for 30 second..