Acer Chromebox shift key doesn't work in RDP Chromebox CXI3

Options
CD_FMIT
CD_FMIT Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have a client using a chromebox to access the Microsoft Remote Desktop app to get to a terminal server.  I have zero issues downloading the app and connecting the to the TS.  The only issue is that the shift key functions as a CAPSLOCK key and not a standard shift while using the TS (works normally when using Chrome in the ChromeOS).  I have checked all the Chrome Settings and there is nothing I can find on how to fix this.  It does this with any keyboard that is used.  Any ideas?

Answers

• CD_FMIT
    Options

Model is an Acer Chromebox CXI3

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Check with the app developer to make sure they're not doing anything to cause it first. If they are unhelpful it might be just that you have sticky keys turned on in the Windows image you are connecting to.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • CD_FMIT
    Options
    It's Microsoft Remote Desktop and it's solid.  Sticky keys are not turned on.  Thanks for the idea, though!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Darn, I would have bet a nickle on it being sticky keys. :) That is exactly the symptom they cause. Maybe the keyboard locale setting isn't matching the Chromebook keyboard?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.