Acer Aspire ES1-571 - My Laptop goes off when the charger is disconnected from the power source.

odogwu9ja
odogwu9ja Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Please i really need a Solution for my Laptop. I noticed my laptop goes off whenever the laptop charger is disconnected from the power source. I took my laptop to a tech center and they changed the battery but this did not solve the problem as my laptop still goes off when the charger is disconnected from the laptop even after buying a new Laptop battery. Please anyone who can solve this for me. This is driving me crazy lol. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,843 Trailblazer
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Compare design capacity with full charge capacity. Post screenshot if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• odogwu9ja
    odogwu9ja Member Posts: 2 New User
    Ok sir. I have done what you asked me to do and this is also a screen shot from the Battery report. Please help me check this. I do not understand .. My laptop still goes off when the charger is disconnected. Thank you
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,843 Trailblazer
    Sorry. The replacement battery that you bought appears to be previously used or defective. It has lost nearly 75% of it's design capacity. Immediately return it to the vendor as defective for another new battery or a refund. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ