ACER NITRO 5 (AN515-52-59FD)

vickyvignesh
vickyvignesh Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
When the charger is plugged in the CPU clock speed up to 3.9GHz.But, I use in the power mode(on battery) is not overclock, the speed of the CPU is up to 2.30 GHz.It is not enabled a turbo boost on battery.I have changed all settings in the nitro sense application. It's not working.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon vickyvignesh !

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your device.
    No notebook achieves performance using just a single battery.
    No battery is capable of providing high power consumption for several hours.
    The architecture of a notebook is different from a desktop.
    Even with battery, comment connected to a power outlet and the processor and GPU will achieve maximum performance.
    Then you should use the high performance Windows plan and keep plugged in for higher performance activities.
    Remembering that playing only on the battery, in addition to not reaching the maximum performance, will significantly shorten the life of the battery.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• vickyvignesh

Tinkerer

Hi MaClane !
         I know the battery usage given a shorten battery life. Nowadays face a problem earlier I am not facing a this kind of issue. So, tell how to solve this problem on my laptop. sometimes I have heavy CPU performance at that time I enable high performance. In my laptop battery consumption having four options When I want then only set into high performance. A few days I face a base clock speed only in battery mode. Earlier the performance is good and the turbo boost is enabled on battery mode.Hope you understand my problem.

• vickyvignesh

Tinkerer

Hi MaClane !
         I know the battery usage given a shorten battery life. Nowadays face a problem earlier I am not facing a this kind of issue. So, tell how to solve this problem on my laptop. sometimes I have heavy CPU performance at that time I enable high performance. In my laptop battery consumption having four options When I want then only set into high performance. A few days I face a base clock speed only in battery mode. Earlier the performance is good and the turbo boost is enabled on battery mode.Hope you understand my problem.

• I have discussed this topic a long time ago with colleague MaClane. The strange thing is that when you hibernate or suspend the notebook using the battery, you will find that the processor will hit the highest performing clocks.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • vickyvignesh

Tinkerer

edited December 2019
    Hi egydocoelho !
    sorry, I can't understand. What did you say?
  • What I mean, is that you should check if the processor turbo mode is activated, even if you are using the battery, if the turbo is activated all the time after hibernating or suspending windows.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • vickyvignesh

Tinkerer

How do I check the turbo activated or not?
  • vickyvignesh

Tinkerer

edited December 2019
    When I connect the charger that time will turbo boost is enabled. Otherwise, The turbo boost is disabled(on battery). I  changed all of the performance options base clock speed is working. Even though I set into the best performance option base clock speed (up to 2.30GHz) will be working. But, when connecting charger that time will be CPU speed up to 4.1GHz. 
  • When you hibernate and then wake up the notebook, the clock is over 3.0ghz? I don't know why, but it looks like turbo is activated on battery power after hibernation.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vickyvignesh

Tinkerer

I am using the software called real temp to enable the turbo boost on battery mode to manually overclock. I think my laptop nitro sense application has been some settings changed or other. So, tell me how to resolve the issue.
  • I'm not sure if it will solve, but have you tried setting the minimum and maximum performance to 99% in the power options?
    I suggest you check this topic: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490GewSAE/intel-i7840qm-with-intel-turbo-boost?language=en_US
    I believe the bios limits this option on the battery.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vickyvignesh

Tinkerer

Intel community says it depends on your bios configuration.

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
    Acer gaming laptops including your model cannot reach 100% CPU when on battery alone and there is no setting which will make it do so

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• vickyvignesh

Tinkerer

Hello @andylb .
    I don't want to reach the 100% CPU performance. First, you read above the comments. Then,solve related queries.

• colleague andylb is correct. However, I don't know if this is a windows bug or not, but when the user hibernates windows, they will see that processor clocks increase, even if the user is only using the notebook on battery power. That's why I ask colleague vickyvignesh to check this out.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vickyvignesh

Tinkerer

I don't know how to check the hibernates windows.

• First hibernate the computer and then turn it on. Then check the processor clock in the task manager by pressing ctrl + shift + esc.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Hello @andylb .
    I don't want to reach the 100% CPU performance. First, you read above the comments. Then,solve related queries.

I am sorry but from the English used in your posts that seemed to be the question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★