Helios 300 repair service

RobertBrubaker
RobertBrubaker Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Looking for advice or support.

My first gaming laptop.  Purchased on August 27 this year for deployment.  It ran well and made me really happy for three months.  I constantly monitored the temperatures and used Max fan if it got to 87.  It ran beautifully usually on high settings and never overheat. Now have a laptop that won't power on and it's feeling like I have a lemon so I'm wondering how the customer service is at Acer. 

Last I played a game on steam and turned the laptop off through the windows menu.  Then I unplugged the laptop and placed it in the padded case I have for it.  This morning it won't power on, no lights, no noise.

When it's plugged in the blue light still comes on, but goes out immediately after I pull the plug.  No other lights.

I tried to hold the power button in to reset, I guess that's the only option available before sending it in to repair.  I'm at an apo address so I'm going to leave it plugged in for a while to see if that helps before I mail it away.

Just out of curiosity does anyone know what could cause this?  Like, is it common for gaming laptops?

Because of the deployed location I will be without for at least a month with the shipping so if I buy another laptop it wouldn't be from Acer at this point without some outstanding customer service.  Just the amount of money it costs for it to break down so early is really discouraging.

Answers