I have the M2640 and I'm trying to use a pci-e video card with the onboard video.

john2019
john2019 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I have the M2640 and I'm trying to use a pci-e video card with the onboard video.  but on bios R01-B1, I can't find option for pci-card vga

Answers

• john2019
    can anyone help me? im so desperate, please
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    What video card are you trying to use? (Make and model) Normally you can use either the onboard or a discrete GPU card, not both together.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • john2019
    my video card msi amd rx-560 2gb ddr5 pcie-e
  • john2019
    i try put on my veriton m2640 bios R01-B1, after i plug it on pci-e slot, put dvi cable on video card slot, try to boot on , but no boot on, no display shown, no power just frezze 
  • john2019
    so i unplug the video card, and put all back from the begining, try to boot on, and the veriton m2640 boot on normaly, why i can't put video card in pcie-e slot , in veriton motherboard i see produk h11h4-am v1 motherboard type.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Did your system originally come with Windows 7 or Windows 8 and later? When they made the switch to UEFI booting there were also changes to video card handling and some of the newer cards don't like the older machines that don't use UEFI.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.