A514-52G-59FW Fan control

Lok1
Lok1 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, my brand new a514 52G turns on its fans even while idle and gets to really annoying noise levels while only browsing. Is this normal for this model?

Unfortunately, there is no way to access the fan control through programs like HWInfo, MSI Afterburner or Speedfan.

Is there any way to access the fan control?

Or might the standard fan control improve with a new BIOS update in the future? (Current bios is up to date already)
Thanks in advance

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon Lok1 !

The coolers only go into high rotation when the appliance requires more performance and consequently heating occurs.
    Only in devices with proprietary fan system is it possible to perform control.
    Attempting to slow down unspecified CPU and standard CPU coolers may cause hardware burnout.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Lok1
    Lok1 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Hi MaClane and thanks for the answer!
    Unfortunately, the fans are already rotating at an annoying noise level while only browsing on the internet, even on websites that don't require a lot of performance.

Official Acer Support suggested to install the newest version of the IO and IRST drivers to try if the fan control will be optimized or to reduce the CPU max. performance in the energy plan control to 99%.

I will try that, and if it doesn't work, I will send the laptop back to the seller.

Best,
    Jakob