Aspire V3, right side USB/RCA daughterboard failure.

Options
naldino
naldino Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My Acer Aspire V3-372 hs again lost connectivity of the daughterboard on the right hand side, that contains 2 USB ports and a RCA port. Big hassle, can't plug on my headphone jack. And my bluetooth won;t connect to my wireless earbuds., I bought a replacement last year, and worked for 18 months, now out again.  Anyone else have problem with this? Could it be software or a firmware issue? The company I bought the replacement does not have them anymore. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options
    I've got the V3-571G so I have some extensive experience with these models, try refreshing the drivers in 'Device Manager' go to DM and uninstall the 'Sound, video and game controllers' uninstall >HD audio device (see attachments) and then in the 'USB controllers' (see the attachments) for what you have to uninstall and then, close DM and reboot the computer, see if that refreshes the RCA and USB drivers, as this is very unusual and there could be other factors that are causing this board to malfunction and/or short out.