"No Bootable Device" error, though there is one, and configuration is correct.

ncsailor
ncsailor Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I just purchased an Aspire Laptop.  I wiped out Win10 as it is just MS junk.  However, I am recoding some old SW that ran on Win from several years ago.  So I need to reload Win10.  I have tried everything, including resetting to factory BIOS defaults.  My Win10 .ISO USB drive will boot on my good laptop, an old Toshiba.  The Acer will recognize the USB when I boot with Linux, and it sees the files.  I formatted the drive to NTFS so the wimstall file would fit, but it does not see this USB as bootable media on the Acer.  I have tried all 3 USB ports with no difference.  I called Acer, but they know less about computers than most and want me to pay them to show how stupid they are.  I am thinking that I made a mistake buying Acer.  However, Toshiba has dropped a bit recently and is now manufactured in China, which from the looks of things, so is Acer.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    ncsailor said:
    I just purchased an Aspire Laptop.  I wiped out Win10 as it is just MS junk.  However, I am recoding some old SW that ran on Win from several years ago.  So I need to reload Win10.  I have tried everything, including resetting to factory BIOS defaults.  My Win10 .ISO USB drive will boot on my good laptop, an old Toshiba.  The Acer will recognize the USB when I boot with Linux, and it sees the files.  I formatted the drive to NTFS so the wimstall file would fit, but it does not see this USB as bootable media on the Acer.  I have tried all 3 USB ports with no difference.  I called Acer, but they know less about computers than most and want me to pay them to show how stupid they are.  I am thinking that I made a mistake buying Acer.  However, Toshiba has dropped a bit recently and is now manufactured in China, which from the looks of things, so is Acer.
    Check if the BOOT mode is in Legacy mode.. If so, then change it back to UEFI and then try. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer