My Acer Aspire r3 won’t turn on

Rockinmonkey420
Rockinmonkey420 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
I got this for my birthday and I forgot about it and now it will charge but it won’t turn on.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Two things to try: with it charged and the power connected press and hold the power button for thirty seconds, release the button wait just a bit and try turning it on. If that doesn't work check to see if there is a battery reset hole on the back. Using a paper clip push the button in the hole down and hold for 30 seconds or so, then again wait a bit and try to turn it back on. Let us know what the results are.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rockinmonkey420
    Rockinmonkey420 Member Posts: 2 New User
    it didn’t seem to work but thank you
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    So it's not just stuck in a sleep mode (the long press on the power button forces a power off) and it's not corrupt battery data (if the system thinks the battery is empty when it's not it will turn you off immediately). It's possible it's turning on and running but not showing anything in the display. Can you hook up and external monitor to see if it will show up there? Do you hear any beeps when you try to turn it on? If it's failing early in POST it should give beep codes to tell you what is failing.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.