Mounting an extra SSD on Acer Aspire V3 - 771G

DenOuwe
DenOuwe Member Posts: 22 Networker
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi everyone,

Recently I replaced my HDD by an Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1 TB. Now my Acer Aspire V3 - 771G works much faster. I have a second SSD 860 EVO 500 GB in my possession, which I would like to put in for extra data storage. There is a free space so it's easy to do so. But I need a mounting bracket similar to the one that was used to build originally the HDD.

A bracket where the SSD is fixed in with 4 screws, and 2 small lids to attach the bracket with 2 screws to the frame of the laptop. Where can I buy such a mounting bracket? See the photograph above of my opened Acer. 

[Edited the post due to personal or inappropriate content posted. Acer-Harvey]

Answers

• DenOuwe
    DenOuwe Member Posts: 22 Networker
    Hi everyone,
    In my last post (see above) I seem to have showed a personal or inappropriate content. It must be due to my lack of experience, but I don't no which part of my post. Nevertheless I still have the same problem: finding a mounting bracket to put my SSD into the laptop. On the internet I found the genuine bracket that was used to mount the HDD. It is a bracket made by manufacturer OUTDATED, with the code 33.RYNN5.001. Unfortunately they sell only to firms not to individuals. Can I buy the part from Acer?
    DenOuwe