Acer Nitro AN515-43-R5DC: How to activate touchpad from BIOS?

Options
Bobi
Bobi Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
In BIOS version 1.05 for this product there are no item for activate touchpad neither pointing device.
How to activate touchpad on this lap-top?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good Morning Bobi !

Your touchpad is not functional?

Some models have the option to switch between touch Basic and Advanced modes, but not enable or disable.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Bobi

Tinkerer

Options
    The problem is that in this BIOS (v1.05) there is no option for the touchpad, and therefore there is no choice between Advanced and Basic.
    After this version of BIOS 1.05, there is also 1.06, but I don't know if there is this option in this version or not?
  • MaClane
    Options
    Is your touchpad functional yes or no?
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Bobi

Tinkerer

Options
    My touchpad is not functional.
  • MaClane
    Options
    So the question is not Bios.
    Bios has no option to enable or disable, only some support modifying functions.
    Are the drivers properly updated?
    Have you tried enabling with the Fn + F5 (or F7 keys on some models)?
    In device manager, is touch recognized?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is there a driver with device manager problems?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Bobi

Tinkerer

Options
    Windows 10 Education has been installed.
    I'm pretty sure it's a BIOS.
    It is installed all drivers given from Acer for this specific model.
    In the device manager, in the Mice and other pointing devices group is only "HID-compliant".
    Fn+F7 shows that the touchpad is on and off but the touchpad still does not work.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Are there any external usb mouse connected? Reset the battery? https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MaClane
    Options
    Bobi said:
    Windows 10 Education has been installed.
    I'm pretty sure it's a BIOS.
    It is installed all drivers given from Acer for this specific model.
    In the device manager, in the Mice and other pointing devices group is only "HID-compliant".
    Fn+F7 shows that the touchpad is on and off but the touchpad still does not work.
    There is absolutely no option to disable touch on Bios.
    Only change roles.
    Have you checked in Windows settings that touch is active and properly configured?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Bobi

Tinkerer

Options
    Windows / Settings / Devices: there are no "Touchpad" here. Only mouse, typing and other stuf...
    In "Device manager" in which group should it be device for touchpad? There are no such device in "Mice and other pointing devices group" so I can not update driver. I even don't know is it Elantech or Synaptics touchpad. It is installed Synaptics touchpad drivers.
    How you suggest to check Windows settings that touch is active and properly configured? 

Also, in "Device manager" device I2C controller have some problem, but I don't know is it related to touchpad problem or not. There are no drivers for I2C on the Acer website.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Bobi said:
    Windows / Settings / Devices: there are no "Touchpad" here. Only mouse, typing and other stuf...
    In "Device manager" in which group should it be device for touchpad? There are no such device in "Mice and other pointing devices group" so I can not update driver. I even don't know is it Elantech or Synaptics touchpad. It is installed Synaptics touchpad drivers.
    How you suggest to check Windows settings that touch is active and properly configured? 

Also, in "Device manager" device I2C controller have some problem, but I don't know is it related to touchpad problem or not. There are no drivers for I2C on the Acer website.
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Human Interface Devices, right click I2C HID device, click Properties and go to Details tab, select Hardware IDs with the drop down arrow, post the snip showing Value window.

• Bobi

Tinkerer

Options

"Are there any external usb mouse connected? Reset the battery?"
    I have attached Wireless mouse. I don't reset my battery.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi @Bobi
    I am trying to find the appropriate driver for your HID compliant mouse, so could you please right click HID-Compliant mouse in Device manager, go to Properties, then in Details tab select Hardware IDs and post the snip.

• Bobi

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes,

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please right click AMD I2C Controller, click Properties, then update the driver in Driver tab, I am unable to find which driver(Syna or Elan) is used in your system but I can say that your touchpad driver isn't installed, could you please expand System Devices in Device manager and post the snip.
  • Bobi

Tinkerer

Options
    I try to update "AMD I2C Controller" driver and system says that driver is updated but after that, in property I still can see an error message:
    "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Driver Entry Point Not Found}
    The %hs device driver could not locate the entry point %hs in driver %hs."

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    Options
    OK, click Uninstall this device and reboot, let Windows install the driver.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hi,
    If the above doesn't work, go to this site and download the driver only, I normally don't suggest a third party site for drivers because it brings more problems than solutions but this site seems to be OK, go to this link, scroll down and download only the driver, then uninstall the current driver, install the downloaded driver and see whether it helps.
    https://www.driveridentifier.com/scan/amd-i2c-controller-driver/download/1556530966/6B86FE1F788947C6A3949B85ABFBE79F/ACPI%5CAMDI0010

• Bobi

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi,
    It is downloadded driver for AMD I2C Controller, version  1.2.0.99 from 02.04.2019 (like you suggest), but installation of this driver (update driver) can not success.
    This driver (v 1.2.0.99 from 02.04.2019) has same error like previous one (v1.2.0.99 from 19.03.2019) and I don't know how to install them?

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Sorry, I have run out of ideas, either you have to wait for someone else to help you or contact Acer Support centre in your region.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/