Nitro 5 AN515-54 question

Options
st77
st77 Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
What's the left side of the laptop? It gets easily hot nowadays even though I just purchased the laptop a few weeks ago, I think my average FPS in game is lower now and I experience random big fps drops/stutters. And is it possible that a fan isn't working properly even though the RPM is normal in NitroSense?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good Morning st77 !

What EXACT model of your laptop?
    Please use HWMonitor and post here a print of the temperatures.
    Are you using any cooler base?
    Do you use these settings to play?

1- all drivers and windows must be properly updated
    2- the device must be set to use the high performance power plan of Windows
    3- the battery must be charged 100% before playing
    4- Battery should be set to advanced power options for maximum performance.
    5- Game applications must be set in dedicated GPU Painel (AMD or Nvida if you have one) to be the main
    6- The appliance must be connected directly to a properly grounded power outlet without any power adapter.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• st77

Tinkerer

Options
    testtttttttttttt
  • st77

Tinkerer

edited December 2019
    Options
    MaClane said:
    Good Morning st77 !

5- Game applications must be set in dedicated GPU Painel (AMD or Nvida if you have one) to be the main
    6- The appliance must be connected directly to a properly grounded power outlet without any power adapter.

How to see? I thought the title is the name of model
    https://pastebin.com/kqvC87Bm or do you want me to SS it instead?
    Yes

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Sometimes, but I always play plugged in
    4. Yes
    5. Yes
    5. What do you mean?

• st77

Tinkerer

Options
    MaClane said:
    Good Morning st77 !

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 i5-9300H@2.40GHz/GTX 1650/8GB RAM/1TB HDD/250GB SSD
    https://pastebin.com/k66eHQMN (while browsing Firefox)
    Yes

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Sometimes
    4. Yes
    5. Yes
    6. What do you mean?
  • st77

Tinkerer

Options
    MaClane said:
    Good Morning st77 !

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 i5-9300H@2.40GHz/GTX 1650/8GB RAM/1TB HDD/250GB SSD
    https://pastebin.com/k66eHQMN (while browsing Firefox)
    Yes

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Sometimes
    4. Yes
    5. Yes
    6. What do you mean?
  • MaClane
    Options
    You should connect the device to a grounded mains and without using any adapters or the like.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• st77

Tinkerer

Options
    MaClane said:
    You should connect the device to a grounded mains and without using any adapters or the like.

What is grounded mains? And don't you use adapters to connect your laptop to power lol sorry not native speaker
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    st77 said:
    MaClane said:

What is grounded mains? And don't you use adapters to connect your laptop to power lol sorry not native speaker

He means plugged directly into a wall socket and not into a multi plug adapter

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• st77

Tinkerer

Options
    andylb said:
    st77 said:
    MaClane said:

Yeah I kinda guessed that, just wasn't sure :P I only have 1 socket in my room tho, if I use that for laptop only then I can't use other things. Does a stabilizer/UPS solve this problem?
  • andylb
    edited December 2019
    Options
    st77 said:
    andylb said:
    st77 said:
    MaClane said:

Yeah I kinda guessed that, just wasn't sure :P I only have 1 socket in my room tho, if I use that for laptop only then I can't use other things. Does a stabilizer/UPS solve this problem?

You can use a surge protector with multiple outlets but it must be one designed specifically for computers and not a cheap generic one for household appliances. Amazon has plenty of good brand name ones at good prices. As for your FPS and heat problem I will post a separate answer

Please click YES if I have answered your question, thankyou

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• st77

Tinkerer

Options
    andylb said:
    st77 said:
    andylb said:
    st77 said:
    MaClane said:

You can use a surge protector with multiple outlets but it must be one designed specifically for computers and not a cheap generic one for household appliances. Amazon has plenty of good brand name ones at good prices. As for your FPS and heat problem I will post a separate answer

Can you link an example of the cheap/bad and the good ones? Because I'm from SEA so I need to look at the local online marketplace
  • andylb
    Options
    Anything like the below is decent, just don't go for the cheap stuff

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• st77

Tinkerer

Options
    andylb said:
    Anything like the below is decent, just don't go for the cheap stuff

thanks. what about the heat problem? 1 day I can play whole day without any heat and the next day it's like boiling after only a few minutes
  • andylb
    Options
    What is the max temperature that your CPU reaches?

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• st77

Tinkerer

Options
    andylb said:
    What is the max temperature that your CPU reaches?

It really is just 80ish but sometimes the 80 is very hot with FPS problems sometimes the 80 is really cool whole day..
  • andylb
    Options
    Also make sure you do this below and always game on 100% battery BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming, in Nitrosense make sure High performance is selected under "AC" tab

1. Download and install the latest Nvidia drivers from here and do not install GEforce experience, instead check the link every month for updated drivers
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx. Geforce Experience causes problems for some people

2. Go to the Nvidia control center and under manage 3d settings/Preferred Graphics processor set to your Nvidia GPU then under the Program Settings tab select the programs and games that you want to run on the Nvidia GPU.

3. Make sure Windows is set to high performance and you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming
    Please click YES if I have answered your question, thank you

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• st77

Tinkerer

Options
    andylb said:
    Also make sure you do this below and always game on 100% battery BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming, in Nitrosense make sure High performance is selected under "AC" tab

1. Download and install the latest Nvidia drivers from here and do not install GEforce experience, instead check the link every month for updated drivers
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx. Geforce Experience causes problems for some people

2. Go to the Nvidia control center and under manage 3d settings/Preferred Graphics processor set to your Nvidia GPU then under the Program Settings tab select the programs and games that you want to run on the Nvidia GPU.

3. Make sure Windows is set to high performance and you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged in while gaming

is it okay to keep in plugged in at 100% for hours? does it not damage the battery?
  • MaClane
    Options
    st77 said:
    andylb said:

is it okay to keep in plugged in at 100% for hours? does it not damage the battery?

Good Morning!

It's okay to keep plugged directly into the power outlet as I have already told you.
    Only in this way will the device achieve maximum performance.
    The only addendum is that at least once a week, only use the battery up to recharge levels to keep the cells calibrated.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• andylb
    edited December 2019
    Options
    st77 said:
    andylb said:

This is a common question and as my friend @MaClane said above it is fine to keep it plugged in. The older battery technology did damage batteries if kept plugged in but Modern battery technology shuts of the charger when the battery reaches 100% and as the battery level drops the charger trickle charges to maintain 100% and keep High Performance mode while gaming without damaging the battery.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★