AN515-54-53RN weird overheating issue.

Options
RenElite
RenElite Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
So, I'm using my Nitro 5 for almost a month now, and just yesterday it showed some bad overheating issue and it only occurs when WiFi is turned on or when the ethernet cable is connected. Usually while i'm gaming on the PS2 emulator I only get around 65-77c max when WiFi is turned off. But when WiFi is turned on the temps jumps at around 80-92c and when the laptop is running idle with WiFi connection turned on it's around 75-83c which it shouldn't be since it's on idle. Back then, it sits around 47-60c when WiFi is turned on and not to mention turning on the internet connection decreases the performance of the laptop, hence the FPS on games. I hated this problem since I usually play games while downloading some new games and now its impossible due to the performance hit and the heating it causes. Any help regarding this 'weird' issue is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• RenElite
    RenElite Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Anyone please?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    It sounds like a wifi card problem, there have been some issues with the Qualcom Atheros in the past, do you have that one?
    Go to Device Manager/network Adapters, highlight Wifi Card and right click and select uninstall then reboot and it will reinstall which may solve the problem

Please click YES if I have answered your problem

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★