Back space button does not work on R11 CB5-132T - please help!

ChromeMom
ChromeMom Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, 

I have an ACER Chromebook R11 CB5-132T, which was on the latest stable chrome version. A few days ago, all of a sudden the back space button stopped working. After reviewing some forum posts, I have tried the following in vain:

1. Logged out and logged back in guest mode. The back space issue DOES NOT exist there. This led me to believe that the issue is related to something related to when I sign in.

2. Turned off (And subsequently removed) all extensions when I am logged in.

3. Power washed my chromebook

4. Upgraded to the latest beta version of chrome from the latest stable release

I still continue to have the backspace issue when I log in. Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks in advance for your help

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Looks like it's not a hardware issue, or else the guest account would also not work. That means it's likely something corrupted in your profile. You may be able to get some help with it on the Google forums. The other approach that might help is to create a new user profile on it and remove the old one, then recreate the old one to see if the problem comes back. If it does it's a corruption that's stored in the cloud and again it's going to take Google to fix it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.