G6-710 | CPU upgrade i7 7700K to i7 9700K

HenrikMadsen
HenrikMadsen Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hi Team Predator,
I bought a Predator G6-710 in 2017, really happy with it, but now I want to upgrade some hardware, but what is possible with this machine when it comes to CPU upgrade? I have looked at i7 9700K but also into gen. i9 , but what is possible? (with new matching coolor ofcourse)

Model name : Predator G6-710 (U3E1)

Thank you,
Henrik Madsen
Denmark

PS : I wanted to ad 16 extra ram, to a total of 32gb ram, but impossible with the cooler setup (no room)

Best Answers

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    Hi,
    I don't think you can upgrade to i7-9700k, it needs Z390 or Z370 chipset, as for the memory, you have to wait for someone who have this model to chime in, your model can be upgraded up to 64GB, do you have a different cooler setup? then you have to switch back to stock cooler to make room for adding memory modules.
    http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/Intel/Core_i7/i7-7700K.html
  • HenrikMadsen
    Okay thank you, appreciated. No I have the stock coolor, the only thing I've done is SSD drives, but I wanted to ad more rams, but the stock coolor is in the way, so it blocks the two other ram inserts, so I wanted to upgrade CPU, coolor and extra ram, thats why I needed help on the CPU.

Really appreciated the help.
    /Henrik
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    No problem, unfortunately it looks like the cooler blocking the RAM modules, in this case you have to take out the cooler and insert the RAM modules. Check whether the pictures help you.

• HenrikMadsen
    Yep thats how mine looks, but I think I need to upgrade to another coolor, the upgrade ram blocks (2x16GB) I am looking at to buy, are bigger in size (the design), than the ones Acer added, press this link (danish retail shop) . Just have to try it out, before doing anything about upgrading the coolor.
    /Henrik
    Old rams : Hyundai Electronics DDR4-2400 (1200 MHz)
    Upgrade Rams : CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 MHz (PC4-25600) | Looking to buy
  • HenrikMadsen
    Yep thats how mine looks, but I think I need to upgrade to another coolor, the upgrade ram blocks (2x16GB) I am looking at to buy, are bigger in size (the design), than the ones Acer added, press this link (danish retail shop) . Just have to try it out, before doing anything about upgrading the coolor.
    /Henrik
    Old rams : Hyundai Electronics DDR4-2400 (1200 MHz)
    Upgrade Rams : CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 MHz (PC4-25600) | Looking to buy