What thickness for thermal pads can I use on GPU VRM chips for Acer Predator Helios 300 (PH315-52)?

Options

Answers

• Citizenkane
    Citizenkane Member Posts: 48 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    it seams i am unable to make my CPU without Power Limit throttling i don't understand why ? Can you take a look at the pictures and give me advice @belik i tried -125 -130 -135 -140 -145 -150 -160 ( -165 crashes laptop and restarts )...is there anything else i can try ?

• belik
    belik Member Posts: 397 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Power limit throttling is absolutely normal if it happens at 56W

There is nothing to worry about 
  • Citizenkane
    Options
    Im having problem with 3dmark time spy it wont use my GPU have no idea why i have set it in control pannels to nvidia card it still wont use it :/
  • Citizenkane
    Options
    I got 5770 on time spay but i see on internet much vetter rrsults ill have to try tomorow with xtu default settings.

• belik
    Options
    5700 is not bad for 1660ti
    But there is room to improve

So at which highest undervolt you can pass it?

• Citizenkane
    Options
    This was -150
  • Citizenkane
    Options
    this is GPU  extreme mode
  • Citizenkane
    Options
    @belik can you please explain why is turbo boost power max set to 56W and short to 90W? Are there other woltages i can use i would like to use it without short boost ...also can i decrees turbo boost power max seconds why is it set to 28s ? Tx
  • belik
    Options
    @belik can you please explain why is turbo boost power max set to 56W and short to 90W? Are there other woltages i can use i would like to use it without short boost ...also can i decrees turbo boost power max seconds why is it set to 28s ? Tx
    This is limitation of Acer which they set to this laptop and there is no any way I know to pass it even unlocked bios is not helpful in it

Other laptops even lenovo Y540 with poorer cooling have higher power max 70-75W

All what you see in XTU app you can change I guess (except that values above 56W will be ignored)

And to be honest Acer default settings 56W/90W on CPU, 80/90W on GPU, -125 undervolt - are very close to optimmal
    What I dont like that GPU set from 80 to 90W only under extreme profile but I don't want fans increased +1000 rpm in this mode
  • Citizenkane
    Options
    56W/90W on CPU isnt this high ? I see on some forums people say  70W should be max ?
  • belik
    Options
    Intel spec is 45W but each vendor sets its own values above it

On this helios it's 56/80

You can open the profile directly and check
    "C:\ProgramData\oem\PredatorSense\i7-9750H CPU\default\Turbo.xtu" 
  • Citizenkane
    Options
    For some reason i dont have any profiles even when i try to save custom profiles in XTU they are never saved.

Is there a place i can download them ?
  • belik
    Options
    That's another question not for this thread  =) I talk about default profiles provided by Acer and stored in the "C:\ProgramData\oem\PredatorSense\
  • belik
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I'm focused on graphic performance so far my best results is 6760 in extreme mode and I didn't change clocks yet it's still +160 GPU and +320 Mem

• Citizenkane
    Options
    i made clean install of new nvidia drivers i have new option inside and i dont know whats it for ? Any ideas ? 

• Citizenkane
    Options
    belik said:
    This is limitation of Acer which they set to this laptop and there is no any way I know to pass it even unlocked bios is not helpful in it

Other laptops even lenovo Y540 with poorer cooling have higher power max 70-75W

All what you see in XTU app you can change I guess (except that values above 56W will be ignored)

And to be honest Acer default settings 56W/90W on CPU, 80/90W on GPU, -125 undervolt - are very close to optimmal
    What I dont like that GPU set from 80 to 90W only under extreme profile but I don't want fans increased +1000 rpm in this mode
    Can you post a picture where do you change GPU voltage please ?
  • SpideRMaN
    SpideRMaN Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    Sorry, but this thread went out of it's subject. (thermal pads thickness on gpu vram for a helios 2019) 
  • Citizenkane
    Options
    belik said:
    Well here is full picture

but each heatsink is individual and may differ from mine

What did you put on this where is the red circle ? Tx
  • Damned
    Damned Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Options
    Multicore speed in i7 9750H is 4000Mhz max
  • NickSP
    NickSP Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Guys I find this thermal paste on amazon, should be a replacement for the pink paste in the Vram modules