Undervolt Acer helios 300 2019

Zdqwpe
Zdqwpe Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hey guys Im trying to undervolt my new acer helios 300 2019,( will it help reduce the noise from fan? Eve at idle the fan still create some uncomfortable noise, shouldn't it be quiet ?). I read that it comes with factory undervolt but how to verify that and how much is it undervolted?

I downloaded and installed xtu, in the advance tuning/core section the core voltage is at default and core voltage offset is at 0,000V; processor core Iccmax is at 128,000A ; same with cache.

Does that mean my acer is not undervolted? Should I contact acer support?

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    edited December 2019
    The electrical components in a computer generate heat, and fans inside the computer help move the air to keep the components cooled to normal operating temperatures. Inadequate cooling can cause excess heat which forces the fan to run constantly, can potentially damage components, and limit the speed of the CPU. Excessive heat can also cause applications to work slower than normal. The sound of the fan running all the time may the first clue that your computer may not be running as efficiently as possible and that you could have a problem with accumulated dust clogging air vents.

To find more information on reducing fan noise, click on the link: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/418
    If you prefer you can contact Acer support center for further assistance: https://www.acer.com/worldwide/
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • belik
    belik Member Posts: 397 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Zdqwpe said:

Hey guys Im trying to undervolt my new acer helios 300 2019,( will it help reduce the noise from fan? Eve at idle the fan still create some uncomfortable noise, shouldn't it be quiet ?). I read that it comes with factory undervolt but how to verify that and how much is it undervolted?

I downloaded and installed xtu, in the advance tuning/core section the core voltage is at default and core voltage offset is at 0,000V; processor core Iccmax is at 128,000A ; same with cache.

Does that mean my acer is not undervolted? Should I contact acer support?

If you try to make gpu fan speed lower than 2160 by undervolting then no this won't help
    the only way is to replace metal fan on gpu with plastic one same as on cpu