How to Update BIOS on Nitro N50-600 Desktop

Options
Lapjun
Lapjun Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
How do I update the BIOS?  When I download the file for the BIOS from the Acer support page for the Nitro N50-600, it becomes a winRAR file, which I do not know what to do with.
Other picture

Best Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Make a new folder on your desktop and name it Bios, click "Extract to" in the top row of the menu that you can see in your screenshot above and select the folder "Bios" that you just made and Winrar will then extract the files to the new folder. Open the folder "Bios" on your desktop and double click on the Bios installation setup file.exe and the BIOS installation will now run and walk you through the setup.

Please click YES if I have answered your question, thankyou

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,970 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    Firstly, read the instruction files in the 'Appendix Folder' part of the WinRAR, as that will explain to you exactly how to and what to do to flash the new BIOS_Acer_R01-C3_A_A. Be Careful as this should only be done by an experienced IT technician that has experience with flashing BIOS's.

Warning As I Don't Take Any Responsibility, This Is ONLY a Guide:

• Be careful when changing BIOS settings. The BIOS interface is designed for advanced users, and it's possible to change a setting that could prevent your computer from starting correctly.

• Updating BIOS should only be done if necessary (to solve a compatibility problem). It can be a complicated process, and if an error occurs, your computer could be rendered inoperable. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions exactly to update the BIOS.

• andylb
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In the WIN folder run this

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• andylb
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Make a new folder on your desktop and name it Bios, click "Extract to" in the top row of the menu that you can see in your screenshot above and select the folder "Bios" that you just made and Winrar will then extract the files to the new folder. Open the folder "Bios" on your desktop and double click on the Bios installation setup file.exe and the BIOS installation will now run and walk you through the setup.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,970 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    Firstly, read the instruction files in the 'Appendix Folder' part of the WinRAR, as that will explain to you exactly how to and what to do to flash the new BIOS_Acer_R01-C3_A_A. Be Careful as this should only be done by an experienced IT technician that has experience with flashing BIOS's.

Warning As I Don't Take Any Responsibility, This Is ONLY a Guide:

• Be careful when changing BIOS settings. The BIOS interface is designed for advanced users, and it's possible to change a setting that could prevent your computer from starting correctly.

• Updating BIOS should only be done if necessary (to solve a compatibility problem). It can be a complicated process, and if an error occurs, your computer could be rendered inoperable. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions exactly to update the BIOS.

• andylb
    Options

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• StevenGen
    Options
    andylb said:

There are allot of folders in the BIOS folder BIOS_Acer_R01-C3_A_A, you should tell Lapjun which folder is it, if you know? As there are 4x folders within this BIOS update. The only executable file is in the WIN Folder. 
  • andylb
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In the WIN folder run this

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Lapjun
    Lapjun Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Okay, let me try all of this from you both.  Also good to see you again andylb.

• andylb
    Options
    Lapjun said:
    Okay, let me try all of this from you both.  Also good to see you again andylb.

You too mate let us know how it goes  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• StevenGen
    Options
    Yes, that is what I was going to advise you to use, the "AFUWINx64.EXE" which is the executable file for windows 64bit BIOS update. That BIOS update is very confusing for a novice and a common user (that hasn't got experience updating BIOS) I didn't want to take you on a path that you might make a mistake and brick your PC, hence my warnings. How did you go?
  • andylb
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    Yes, that is what I was going to advise you to use, the "AFUWINx64.EXE" which is the executable file for windows 64bit BIOS update. That BIOS update is very confusing for a novice and a common user (that hasn't got experience updating BIOS) I didn't want to take you on a path that you might make a mistake and brick your PC, hence my warnings. How did you go?

Wise move Steve mate

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★