Acer Aspire 5 - Function keys aren't working correctly

Flynn
Flynn Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2019 in Aspire Laptops
Have an Acer Aspire 5 here, just bought it recently. I didn't want all the bloatware on it, so I reinstalled windows. Now the touchpad won't work? I think it's because of the function keys, and I need to enable it. Normally Fn + f7 would do it, but the function keys aren't assigned to their correct values either. For example, brightness up does brightness down, and some just don't work. I assume its a driver issue, so if anyone could point me in the way of FN key drivers or something like that...

The SN of my laptop is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[Edited the post as personal or inappropriate content posted. Acer-Harvey]

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Flynn 
    On your laptop keyboard, press the Fn key and the F6 or F7 key (the function key with a touchpad icon on it) at the same time. if this is not working try ON SCREEN KEYBOARD try with FN+F6 or F7 to re-enable touchpad 

"Hit Accept if its Helpful"  
  • Flynn
    Flynn Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2019
    @Tom2019 None of these work. Nothing happens at all when I press FN + F7 or FN + F6. And I have tried just pressing F6/F7. Think the problem is a bit more in depth then that. Do you know of any more fixes I could do?
  • Jashandeep
    Jashandeep Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

My screen on/off function key is not working rest are working and now my laptop is in a stage that screen is always off and I can see screen by reflections, but monitor works fine. Plz help
  • JesterGirl
    JesterGirl Member Posts: 1 New User

I had the same issue, and none of the above helped me. I needed to F5 to get my saved game features and it just would not work. I went into settings and turned off the touchpad that way and then the Function keys were working once again. I hope this is of help.😊