Touchpad Malfunctioning on Predator g3-572

Siddharth111
Siddharth111 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
First of all, I am having issues of multiple clicks, random click and clicks by itself. It create several instances of an application, tabs in browser or file only at a single click. First, I thought it was an external wireless mouse problem, I did all the repairs that I have read over internet and even contacted microsoft for support. Microsoft agent did all the things they can by taking remote control to my laptop.
Anyway, the problem is now occasional but a new problem arises that touchpad malfunction. For few seconds, it is working and for later few second it is not, I can scroll but clicks are not working, for few seconds, at the same instance, left click tapping works while the right one not works. Its just like touchpad is responsive for few second and other time not. There is also a problem of partial responsiveness as for few seconds touchpad responses fully while for few seconds I am only able to move cursor with touchpad but not able to click by tapping or even  pressing the touchpad buttons. And all the above problem get solved for few seconds or minutes, by just pressing any key on keyboard. Pressing any key on keyboard will solve the problem momentarily. But problem return back few second later.

Answers

• Hi,
    Go to BIOS screen, move to Main tab and check whether the Touchpad is in Advanced mode, if it's in Basic mode, switch to Advanced and see whether it fix the problem.

• Siddharth111

Tinkerer

It is in advance mode. I tried switching to basic mode and tried both basic and advance mode and problem occur both the times.
  • Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Human Interface devices, right click Synaptics/Elan HID device and click Properties, go to Driver tab and post the snip showing the driver version.

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    You need to update your touchpad driver from Microsoft Catalog's website.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Siddharth111

Tinkerer

Here is the screenshot, I even use Driver Easy software to get latest update
  • Siddharth111

Tinkerer

Downloaded synaptic HID touchpad driver from microsoft catalog and installed. Just waiting to see if there is any glitch
  • Downloaded synaptic HID touchpad driver from microsoft catalog and installed. Just waiting to see if there is any glitch
    Hi,
    You have HID compliant mouse with Elan driver, so installing Synaptics based driver will not help, anyway, go to Acer support site(link below) download Serial IO driver, then go to Device manager, expand System Devices, uninstall the Serial IO driver and reinstall the driver downloaded.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7310?b=1
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Here is the screenshot, I even use Driver Easy software to get latest update
    That's the one I am using as well. Also, don't use driver updating programs. Get the drivers from manufacturer site or Microsoft Catalog.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Siddharth111

Tinkerer

Even installing driver from manufacturer don't work. I am unable to understand the connection of keyboard with this problem. why pressing any key on keyboard solve the problem for few seconds. Now the problem persist at every startup. When windows start, touchpad left and right buttons click along with single and double tap not working. Even mouse left and right click don't work and I am able to only move cursor only. The functionality of left and right buttons and click return when I press any key on keyboard