SSD drive - Aspire E5-576-392H

Nod
Nod Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I installed a Crucial MX500 SSD drive in my E5-576-392H and it worked fine for awhile (a few months) then kept giving me errors and would not boot. I tried all the remedies I could find online but nothing worked. I gave up trying to get it working. Is there another brand that would fit in this computer? When I search it keeps coming up the Crucial.  Thank you.

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,872 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    Firstly, are you talking about a Crucial MX500 2.5 inch SSD or an M.2 SSD? As I've had a Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2.5 inch SSD for over 3 years and its worked for me 100% with no issues. I've even swapped this SSD drive from one laptop to a completely different laptop and I've also done that with an 850 EVO 250GB (both running Windows 10) and they just "Pugged in and Played" with no issues and worked 100% and booted. That is why I bought a Samsung (and I don't work for Samsung and/or get commission, wish I did lol) but, my SSD is an excellent drive and it comes with Samsung's great software of 'Data Migration' and their 'Magician' tuning software and 'Rapid Mode' option. This SSD's performance stat's are: sequential 554MB/s write and 515MB/s read and random OPS of 38000 OPS read and 32500 OPS write (which is right up there at the top) but, mine is their older drive as Samsung has an updated SSD and their latest SSD is the 860 QVO SATA III (which is their cheapest SSD) or their 860 EVO SATA III or 860 PRO SATA III (these are all 2.5 inch SSD's) the EVO and PRO are not cheap but worth the extra cash.   

Answers

• Hi,
    It's strange that Crucial didn't work for you, anyway, try a Samsung NVMe SSD( there's a possibility to install a NVMe SSD), please read this thread for more detailed information.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/573117/does-m-2-nvme-ssd-works-in-acer-aspire-e5-576-392h
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/497241/acer-aspire-e5-575-52jf-m-2-nvme-support/p1
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,872 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    Firstly, are you talking about a Crucial MX500 2.5 inch SSD or an M.2 SSD? As I've had a Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2.5 inch SSD for over 3 years and its worked for me 100% with no issues. I've even swapped this SSD drive from one laptop to a completely different laptop and I've also done that with an 850 EVO 250GB (both running Windows 10) and they just "Pugged in and Played" with no issues and worked 100% and booted. That is why I bought a Samsung (and I don't work for Samsung and/or get commission, wish I did lol) but, my SSD is an excellent drive and it comes with Samsung's great software of 'Data Migration' and their 'Magician' tuning software and 'Rapid Mode' option. This SSD's performance stat's are: sequential 554MB/s write and 515MB/s read and random OPS of 38000 OPS read and 32500 OPS write (which is right up there at the top) but, mine is their older drive as Samsung has an updated SSD and their latest SSD is the 860 QVO SATA III (which is their cheapest SSD) or their 860 EVO SATA III or 860 PRO SATA III (these are all 2.5 inch SSD's) the EVO and PRO are not cheap but worth the extra cash.   
  • Nod
    Nod Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited December 2019
    Yes, it's the 2.5 inch. I will look into the Samsung 850EVO. Thank you.