XR382CQK and Acer Display Widget Application

Options
ainthe
ainthe Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 21 in 2020 Archives
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7088?b=1

On the support page for the XR382CQK, it includes a link to the Acer Display Widget Application.

However, after installing Acer Display Widget, it indicates the XR382CQK is not supported?

So is the webpage wrong or there is an issue with the display not being recognized by the application?

Answers

• KenY
    KenY Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have exactly the same issue. The maximum resolution I am being offered in the Windows Display settings for my Acer XR382CQK on my Microsoft Surface Book 2 is 1920x1080 in the native Windows 10 Display Settings. Installed ACER382CQK Software from the Acer support site expecting it to provide the correct drivers/software. but suggested App Acer Display Widget Application says "Selected Monitor Not Supported", with the XR382CQK selected as Monitor 2, and the Surface Book 2 laptop's native TDM13056 specified as Monitor 1. None of the higher resolutions or aspect ratios appropriate to the Acer's wider for-factor are displayed as available in the Windows Display Settings, whether specified as "Extended", or with the display set to only the Acer.

• RudraAK
    RudraAK Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Acer need to improve there Software support.........

I am facing same issues with my XV272U Monitor, the Drivers are upto date and the App Version is 3.0.3.0 
    still it shows DISPLAY NOT SUPPORTED

Customer Support have no clue what to do
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    RudraAK said:

I am facing same issues with my XV272U Monitor, the Drivers are upto date and the App Version is 3.0.3.0 

Hi RudraAK

Unfortunately, your model (XV272U) does not support Acer Display Widget Application.
    ainthe said:

On the support page for the XR382CQK, it includes a link to the Acer Display Widget Application.

However, after installing Acer Display Widget, it indicates the XR382CQK is not supported?

So is the webpage wrong or there is an issue with the display not being recognized by the application?

Hi ainthe

Please check the following steps:
        Check that the OSD DDC/CI function is ON 

2. Please replace or check with another HDMI cable
    3.  If you get the error again, please take a screenshot and send it via private message for follow up. 
  • ainthe
    Options
    Thanks, I am using DP In for Input.  However, DDC/CI is On.  It has been a few month but the Support site still only offers version 3.0.2.0

I did try the application one last time, the default menu Visual Modes, still shows Selected Monitor Not Supported.  However, if I change to the Split Screen menu, I am able to utilize the preset displays.  So it appears some but not all of the functions for Acer Display Widget is supported on the XR382CQK.
  • Flyhogz
    Flyhogz Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I'm having the same issue.  Also, I can't keep the widget running in the background for the monitor preset modes to stay in effect.  It requires me to reopen the application each time after minimizing it.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Flyhogz said:
    I'm having the same issue.  Also, I can't keep the widget running in the background for the monitor preset modes to stay in effect.  It requires me to reopen the application each time after minimizing it.
    Not all monitor models support the Acer Widget Application. If you're still experiencing the issue, please contact your local Acer support for better assistance:   https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact or live chat https://us.answers.acer.com/app/chat/chat_launch#_ga=2.158792825.255045335.1582040981-181848257.1574191774

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • Flyhogz
    Flyhogz Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I have the XR382CQK. The software page for the XR382CQK provides the download for the Display Widget. I would assume it would be compatible the same way I would assume you could ask questions here to resolve the issue.  
  • ainthe
    Options
    If you like using monitor presets, I recommend Displayfusion on the Steam store.

It is a paid app, but it does go on sale during the usual Steam sales, ie. Summer & Winter Sales etc.

Also, you can customize your own preset modes which Acer Display Widget cannot do.

Few other things I noticed, there is no driver for Win10 on the support site.  So Win10 will only recognize it as a PnP monitor.  Which also means you lose some of the functionality.  Like 75 Hertz  support and HDR.  However, the Win 7 driver will work, after installing it.  You can then go into Display Properties and enable HDR and Advanced Display Properties >> Monitors and toggle the Refresh Rate to 75 Hertz

Still like this monitor a lot but honestly wish Acer support was better.
  • Ho7bl4ck
    Ho7bl4ck Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    RudraAK said:

Hi RudraAK

Unfortunately, your model (XV272U) does not support Acer Display Widget Application.
    ainthe said:

Hi ainthe

Please check the following steps:
        Check that the OSD DDC/CI function is ON 

2. Please replace or check with another HDMI cable
    3.  If you get the error again, please take a screenshot and send it via private message for follow up. 
    @ Acer-Manny

I have the XV272u, same as RudraAK, and the Acer Widget has always worked for me. Same version as well.  I have other issues though like wake from sleep.