Acer SP314-53N How to use to active stylus pen.

Options
Hugorafa23
Hugorafa23 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello! Yesterday I bought the Acer SP314-53N. This model came with an active stylus pen. However, I cannot use it the pen! I don't know how to activate the pen. Can someone please help me?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Right click on the Windows start icon. Search 'hover'. Click 'Acer Hover Access' desktop app. Make sure battery is installed in stylus. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hugorafa23
    Options
    JackE said:
    Right click on the Windows start icon. Search 'hover'. Click 'Acer Hover Access' desktop app. Make sure battery is installed in stylus. Jack E/NJ

I did not have "Acer Hover Access" installed. However, I already installed it. However, it seems that the pen does not respond. I even followed the steps in this link (https://uk.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34303/~/acer-active-pen-stylus-for-aspire-r7-371t), but still not working.
  • JackE
    Options
    Check the pen's AAAA battery voltage. Should be about 1.5v or higher. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hugorafa23
    Options
    Unfortunately, I don't have any device that allows me to measure its voltage
  • JackE
    Options
    Then get a fresh AAAA battery. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hugorafa23
    Options
    JackE said:
    Then get a fresh AAAA battery. Jack E/NJ
    I would do that, but this pen has the battery included. To charge it, supposedly, I only need to dock it to the laptop. So, once that it has been docked since I purchased the pc there is no reason to not be fully charged.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I would do that, but this pen has the battery included.>>>

Doesn't matter. Battery could be bad. A fresh battery is cheap and easy to check. Or borrow or buy a multimeter, they are cheap too. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hugorafa23
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>I would do that, but this pen has the battery included.>>>

Doesn't matter. Battery could be bad. A fresh battery is cheap and easy to check. Or borrow or buy a multimeter, they are cheap too. Jack E/NJ
    Thank you very much! I will try that! ;)
  • Hugorafa23
    Options
    JackE said:
    I didn't have the "Acer Hover Access" preinstalled. Now, I have installed it. But it's like the pen does not responde... I even followed the steps shown here https://uk.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34303/~/acer-active-pen-stylus-for-aspire-r7-371t, but it still not working...
  • Hugorafa23
    Options
    JackE said:
    I didn't have the "Acer Hover Access" preinstalled. Now, I have installed it. But it's like the pen does not responde... I even followed the steps shown here https://uk.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34303/~/acer-active-pen-stylus-for-aspire-r7-371t, but it still not working...
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Are there any numbers on the stylus? Could you put up some pictures showing it from various angles? Some ship with a bit of plastic keeping the battery from making contact to keep the battery from discharging while waiting to be sold, and it's possible yours had the removal tab torn off...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Options
    Why are you posting the same message twice today that you posted 3 days ago? https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/757800/#Comment_757800

Did you try a fresh battery or not? Did you try billsey's suggestion or not? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Hugorafa23
    Options
    billsey said:
    Are there any numbers on the stylus? Could you put up some pictures showing it from various angles? Some ship with a bit of plastic keeping the battery from making contact to keep the battery from discharging while waiting to be sold, and it's possible yours had the removal tab torn off...
    There are no numbers on it! I checked and there was no plastics. 

• JackE
    Options
    Try a fresh AAAA battery. They are cheap. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    I don't believe that stylus uses a AAA battery. It's got a little lithium ion battery inside that's charged by those two metal springs on the side. AAAs are typically not rechargeable. Mine uses a different stylus and it has a button on the side that activates it. Yours looks like the button might be on the same side as the Acer logo, about 2/3s of the way to the tip.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Options
    Not triple A. Quadruple A.  AAAA vs. AAA? In any event, without having a simple multimeter to check it out, there's not much more I can suggest other than to get a replacement of whatever size that's in there now.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ