Bluetooth breaks DAY OF warranty expiration??? Aspire A515-51G

FelixD
FelixD Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer Aspire A515-51G and I could use Bluetooth devices with it without a problem until yesterday when the Bluetooth function simply stopped working and my system doesn't even recognize the laptop has Bluetooth anymore. I've tried reinstalling drivers and whatever I could find on the internet, nothing worked.

So today I get around to look at the problem and behold, my warranty expired yesterday as well. OK, these things can break, but what are the chances it breaks THE DAY OF the warranty expiring. I feel cheaped out and even wonder if this is not planned obsolescence by Acer.

I was wondering if any of you had similar experiences with Acer products and if there is anything I can do to get some kind of support from Acer. Honestly, I'm quite satisfied with the laptop in general but this speaks very poorly of the quality of Acer products, and their sense of ethics as well if it is indeed planned obsolescence.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I'm sure somebody must've had similar luck at one time or another. The wifi-bt combo card probably just needs to be re-seated a few times to clean its contacts on the mainboard. Remove  the bottom cover, remove the tape on the antenna covering the card, pull the antenna cable, remove the screw at the top of the card and reseat it a half-dozen or so times. If still no joy after buttoning back up, new  replacement QCA9377 combo cards are about $15 with free shipping from places like newegg. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I'm sure somebody must've had similar luck at one time or another. The wifi-bt combo card probably just needs to be re-seated a few times to clean its contacts on the mainboard. Remove  the bottom cover, remove the tape on the antenna covering the card, pull the antenna cable, remove the screw at the top of the card and reseat it a half-dozen or so times. If still no joy after buttoning back up, new  replacement QCA9377 combo cards are about $15 with free shipping from places like newegg. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• FelixD
    FelixD Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,

I've done both and now everything works fine!

Thank you both! :)