Aspire f5-573-56E4 turned on but black screen

chrisj383
chrisj383 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

My aspire F5 laptop is turned on, I can hear the fan going and the lights are on but I have nothing on the screen, there isn't even any sounds.  I've heard about flashing the BIOS corrects this problem in other versions of Acer laptops but if the screen isn't broken which bios do o need.

Thanks,
Chris

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @chrisj383

1. Unplug the AC power adapter.
    2. Press and hold the Power button down for 15 seconds. This will perform a software battery reset that may resolve the issue.
    3. If your system has a battery pinhole reset on the bottom, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole and hold the button down for 5 seconds.
      Note: Not all models have a battery pinhole reset.
    4. If the instuctions above did not resolve your issue, please contact Acer support.
    5. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 for notebooks or Delete for desktops to enter UEFI.
    6. Press F9 and then Enter to load the default configuration.
    7. Press F10 and then Enter to save and exit.
    8. hold the alt and tap f10 you will advance option>select troubleshoot>you can try system restore 
    9. Hit Accept if its Helpful" 
  • chrisj383
    chrisj383 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi I've tried the above and still nothing, I've even plugged the laptop into a spare monitor with a VGA cable and the monitor screen is blank, I think it has the same problem certain v5 models have and needs the BIOS flashing