Acer R271 Monitor screen flickers and power light blinks blue

Options
brenton490
brenton490 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2019 in Monitors
Hi I just recently recieved this monitor from my girl from her work since they were switching out computers. And when i plug the power cable in the display stays black but flickers a blue-ish light and the power light blinks blue. Once I plug in the HDMI cable it seems to change no affect either. My graphic card is all up to date, I run a gtx 1070 in it. I also double checked the drivers for the monitor as well. They are all up to date. My other monitor is fine. I checked device manager and don't see any error messages. But when i go to properties and events I do get hit with a Device DISPLAY\ACR0496\5&16203f1e&1&UID12546 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Answers

• Sathish2388
    Sathish2388 Member Posts: 85 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    brenton490,, Hi please follow the steps which has been given below

1. Turn the monitor off
    2. Disconnect every cable from the monitor (including the power cord)
    3. Press and hold in the monitor power button for 15 seconds (without power cord)
    4. Reconnect the power cord to the monitor then Turn the monitor on and if the screen still flickers you might need to 
    replace monitor and if the screen didn't flickers then follow the below steps
    5. Try with another HDMI cable
    6. Try to connect this monitor with an another desktop and check it's working or not
  • brenton490
    Options
    Only problem with following these steps is the monitor power light can't be switched off.. I just blinks and screen flashes instant the power cable is put in. But I still tried unplugging all cables and holding the power button down. But still made no difference. Weird thing is it worked fine at my girls work site. But instant their IT guy comes in and unhooks everything places it in a box now its no longer able to function properly. 
  • brenton490
    Options
    Here a video of what's going on.
  • williampdx
    williampdx Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had this exact issue this morning and it was a power supply issue. Having a faulty power supply you can still see the blue light and your PC may even see that it is connected so it seems confusing.  However, I swapped out the power supply with another monitor and it worked. Hopefully that will save someone some time and or money.
  • DaveDavidson
    DaveDavidson Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hey @brenton490 I had a similar issue with another Acer monitor and it turned out to be the set of adaptors I was using between the computer and the monitor.  Something like mini display port to DVI to HDMI.  I noticed it when I bought a new PC that didn't have native HDMI out and had to use adaptors.  It was fine before that.  HLH.

• shvlnose
    shvlnose Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello! I had this issue w/ my monitor this morning - flashing screen and power light - flashing a combo of ACER logo and a test pattern. I swapped the power cable out, and that solved the problem. So per the comments above, if you have a flashing monitor, try swapping out the power cable as a first step.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi shvlnose,

I suggest you to create a new post to get a better response mention the unit full model name in the post.