Aspire 5 A515-54G New Aspire 5 touchpad not working

Options
13»

Answers

• s1283
    s1283 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Attempted to do a reset/restore. Did not help.

decided to reinstall the original motherboard. Touchpad works flawlessly, and charger is no longer working again. Works fine as a desktop with the battery unplugged. Will start a return ticket for the motherboard

• cbr46
    cbr46 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

TOTALLY SHOCKED! After zapping the top of the keyboard with a large static discharge the touchpad stopped working. Thought I'd literally zapped it. Spent hours looking for the right touchpad parts and ran across this forum. Did the F7 "trick" and BAZINGA got my touchpad back! How the "zap" disabled the touchpad is a mystery. Just glad to have it back.

I'm stoked

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

@s1283 Can you raise a new topic? What is the bios version?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mech_guy
    Mech_guy Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited November 2023
    Options

I had that problem twice.

I have an Aspire 5, great piece, but I also had that problem with touchpad. Everything works fine then sudenly it stops working i figured out that the one who creates the problem is the mouse. If you use mouse constantly, let's say 3 4 days, the touchpad wil disable it self. I tried everthying, fn+f7 and other buttons, tried to find it in BIOS but isn't there, finding drivers and instaling.The way that i fixed that mot***fu**ing bug is tha you go in DEVICE MANAGER find mouse then go to S2P something and uninstal it then restart laptop a you repeat that 2 or 3 times. Eventualy the device will fix it self and no it is not enough to do it onr time. Two or three times.

I hope It works guys

• mcolombatti
    mcolombatti Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

@oldEDSer Thanks mate! you saved me from spending a lot of money for trying to repair my laptop in a computer service