Aspire 5 A515-54G New Aspire 5 touchpad not working

Options

Answers

• vmaewood
    vmaewood Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    oldEDSer said:
    First day with my Spin 5, everything worked great until I lightly wiped my keyboard with a dry cloth (COVID-19 cleaning) and lost my touchpad. Tried bios reset, reset in control panel, Fn F7, etc. Resolved the problem by tapping F7 WITHOUT touching the Fn key!!!!

THANK YOU! It took several tries hitting f7 without the fn key BUT IT EVENTUALLY WORKED!!! My laptop was so sick without a working touchpad.  
  • maribeau
    maribeau Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
    Options
    any update, also using the same model. but mine not showing in settings and bios. huhu
  • vmaewood
    vmaewood Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    maribeau said:
    any update, also using the same model. but mine not showing in settings and bios. huhu

Maribeau. Have you tried tapping F7 without holding any other keys? It worked for me.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi MothersLittleHelper,

Check if it is working on BIOS page.
  • maribeau
    Options
    I did all the steps.. Touchpad is not showing both Regular Settings and Bios... I2c HID error in Device manager
  • Easwar
    Options
    Hi maribeau,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3 Ways to Reset Acer Laptop to Factory Settings without Password

4 Methods to Reset an Acer Laptop with Windows 7810 or Linux

3 Ways to Reset Windows 10 Computer to Factory Settings  Password Recovery
    3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.​

• maribeau
    Options
    already did that and the problem still exist.
  • maribeau
    Options
    @Easwar still not work
  • Easwar
    Options
    Hi maribeau,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/PH/content/service-contact
  • GustavoCarvalho
    GustavoCarvalho Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    folks,

for those who could not make it work by installing a driver, pressing F7 alone or FN + F7, do the following:

Open the virtual keyboard and press FN+F7

There, solved the problem!

For some reason, after I installed Windows 10 Pro, the F7 on the physical keyboard doesn't work!

I'm Brazilian, I used google translator.
  • maribeau
    Options
    Please stop with generic Troubleshooting
     I already did that okay. That is a common sense to do.
  • iabrams
    iabrams Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Batata said:
    Model : Aspire 5 A515-54G

Bought this laptop without any OS and installed Windows 10 on it, everything is working except for the touchpad.
    It doesn't appear on device manager or in Bios
    I already downloaded the touchpad drivers from Acer and checked for windows updates. Still not working

Any ideia what the problem is ?
    Do not press the Fn key. Just hit the F6 or F7 key with the mousepad icon.
  • JonnyCanuck
    JonnyCanuck Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited June 2022
    Options
    oldEDSer said:
    First day with my Spin 5, everything worked great until I lightly wiped my keyboard with a dry cloth (COVID-19 cleaning) and lost my touchpad. Tried bios reset, reset in control panel, Fn F7, etc. Resolved the problem by tapping F7 WITHOUT touching the Fn key!!!!

THIS WORKED with my Aspire 5! I had searched "official" resources without finding anything and then stumbled across this post.

I saw my cat walking across my desk yesterday. She obviously tripped the "turn off trackpad" key, for which there is no reason to exist IMHO. 

• JonnyCanuck
    JonnyCanuck Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

THIS WORKED with my Aspire 5! I had searched "official" resources and stumbled across this post.

I saw my cat walking across my desk yesterday. She obviously tripped the key. 

A pretty stupid design if all it takes to turn off the trackpad is an inadvertent hit of a Function key without the F key being depressed first.
  • sudhicsan
    sudhicsan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have A515 - 57G and i had same problem. But i resolve the problem by pressing F10 only without Fn Button. If somebody have same laptop then they can use this option.

• maxshade18
    maxshade18 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

You’re a life changer I had spent hours trying everything to fix this needed my laptop, such a simple fix that I probably never would’ve found without this, thanks wish you the best

• s1283
    s1283 Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited November 2022
    Options

I recently had the motherboard charge controller die on mine, I replaced the motherboard with a bios v 1.12, the charger works but the touchpad has not worked since I swapped motherboards. It 20 min before I swapped the motherboard, I can’t see a touchpad option in bios settings and windows device manager only shows the wireless usb mouse I had to plug in to work windows. I’ve triple checked all my connections inside, any thoughts? Before I try to warranty a motherboard? I’m not convinced it’s a bad plug or touchpad, but at this point I’m stumped…. Yes I’ve tried f7 with and without fn first. I did change my fn button in bios so it was actually a fn button…

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

@s1283 You must provide the exact model of your computer. Example AN515-55. It would be interesting to create a new topic as well.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • s1283
    edited November 2022
    Options

Acer aspire5

a515-43

windows 11

• s1283
    Options

I did open up windows system information and looking in the system summary under problem devices it does show a ps/2 compatible mouse device ID: acpi\syn1b8a\4&10b61d26&0

device not present,is not working properly, or does not have all drivers installed

it doesn’t go away when I remove my usb mouse and refresh… so I’m assuming it’s the touchpad. but I tried to install the drivers already. Idk what’s up, the connector from the touchpad is installed. I keep flipping it over and checking. Even took the battery out to verify it was the touchpad ribbon.