Aspire 5 A515-54G New Aspire 5 touchpad not working

Batata
Batata Member Posts: 4 New User
edited April 2020 in Aspire Laptops
Model : Aspire 5 A515-54G

Bought this laptop without any OS and installed Windows 10 on it, everything is working except for the touchpad.
It doesn't appear on device manager or in Bios
I already downloaded the touchpad drivers from Acer and checked for windows updates. Still not working

Any ideia what the problem is ?

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @Batata
     Re-enable your touchpad
    To re-enable your touchpad: On your laptop keyboard, press the Fn key and the F6 or F7 key (the function key with a touchpad icon on it) at the same time. Then check to see if you're able to use your touchpad.

"Hit Accept if its Helpful"
  • Batata
    It still doesn't work. 
  • Batata said:
    It still doesn't work. 
    Hi,
    Go to BIOS screen by pressing F2 button as soon as you press the Power button, move to Main tab, check whether Touchpad is in Basic mode, if so switch to Advanced mode.

• Melten
    Melten Member Posts: 47 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    try get a mouse and go to windows home and click Settings and search touchpad and go to turn touchpad on and off

• Batata
    edited December 2019
    Batata said:
    It still doesn't work. 
    Hi,
    Go to BIOS screen by pressing F2 button as soon as you press the Power button, move to Main tab, check whether Touchpad is in Basic mode, if so switch to Advanced mode.

I don't have touchpad in that menu, nor in the device manager
  • Melten
    try what i said
  • Melten
    try check if its mousepad is conectet to the mohterboard
  • Batata
    I actually manage to activate touchpad by installing the IO driver. Thanks for the help
  • DiamondTorch
    DiamondTorch Member Posts: 1 New User
    Batata said:
    I actually manage to activate touchpad by installing the IO driver. Thanks for the help
    How? I'm having the same issue on my Acer Aspire 5 - so frustrating
  • malikaah
    malikaah Member Posts: 1 New User
    THANK you @oldEDSer it worked!!!
  • Ace_R
    Ace_R Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

oldEDSer GOD BLESS YOU MATE. I bought my laptop yesterday i ve been trying to fix this problem all day long . Tried everything installing drivers windows FN+ F7 AND I NEVER TRIED ONLY THE F7 KEY AND IT ACTUALLY WORKED. THANK YOU SO MUCH <3 
  • sez
    sez Member Posts: 1 New User
    F7 withouth Fn is really doing the magic!!!
  • tech12
    tech12 Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    F7 without Fn. Cool
  • acp3512
    acp3512 Member Posts: 2 New User
    im having this same problem. my laptop updated friday night and i fell asleep. yesterday morning when i logged in the touchpad stopped working. i updated the touchpad driver and the IO driver and its still not working. ive pressed f7 without fn. its not showing up under device manager or BIOS. im starting online school this week and really dont know what else to do. i havent even had this laptop for 2 weeks
  • KeihCee
    KeihCee Member Posts: 1 New User
    oldEDSer said:
    First day with my Spin 5, everything worked great until I lightly wiped my keyboard with a dry cloth (COVID-19 cleaning) and lost my touchpad. Tried bios reset, reset in control panel, Fn F7, etc. Resolved the problem by tapping F7 WITHOUT touching the Fn key!!!!
    saved me there...thank you!
  • Reck_full
    Reck_full Member Posts: 1 New User
    acp3512 said:
    im having this same problem. my laptop updated friday night and i fell asleep. yesterday morning when i logged in the touchpad stopped working. i updated the touchpad driver and the IO driver and its still not working. ive pressed f7 without fn. its not showing up under device manager or BIOS. im starting online school this week and really dont know what else to do. i havent even had this laptop for 2 weeks
    Did it work?
  • zec
    zec Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
    same laptop, my touchpad frezees time to time, what about this problem ?
  • quenniecara
    quenniecara Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2021
    oldEDSer said:
    First day with my Spin 5, everything worked great until I lightly wiped my keyboard with a dry cloth (COVID-19 cleaning) and lost my touchpad. Tried bios reset, reset in control panel, Fn F7, etc. Resolved the problem by tapping F7 WITHOUT touching the Fn key!!!!
    This solve it in one touch !!!!!!!! <3 F7 without FN thank you so much. God bless you.
  • MothersLittleHelper
    MothersLittleHelper Member Posts: 2 New User
    Anyone recently having similar issues and driver not helping.  Check touchpad settings.  The new update turned off the trackpad in settings, and the hotkey is not switching the option on.