XG270HU Randomly goes black for a couple seconds G-Sync

TBxPsi
TBxPsi Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
As the title states, it randomly goes black for a couple seconds while playing while using G-sync compatible. Specs:
GTX 1080
i7 7700k
2 monitors beside, one is 1080p 144hz no gsync and the other 1080p 60hz no gsync.
Tried installing the drivers from acer website... Didnt work, maybe its cause they are for windows 8 and 7. (it worked but for some reason google chrome went pink, didnt test the blinking cause obviously it didnt work properly). Could it be because drivers, device manager thinks I have Generic PnP monitor but acer has no updated drivers.
Yes video card and windows are fully updated.
I dont know what it could be and it sucks

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @TBxPsi
    It is most likely your cable, but other people that had this type of issue reported that driver clean install fixed the issue. Personally I think it is a cable issue.
    You could probably fix the problem by getting a high speed HDMI cable. It must be high speed to handle the 1440p 144hz bandwidth. Did the DP cable come with the monitor? Can you try another DP on the card? You can try another DP cable or cheapest option for a test is to get a HDMI cable that is at least v2.1.

"Hit Accept if its Helpful"
  • TBxPsi
    TBxPsi Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2019
    Tom2019 said:
    Hi @TBxPsi
    It is most likely your cable, but other people that had this type of issue reported that driver clean install fixed the issue. Personally I think it is a cable issue.
    You could probably fix the problem by getting a high speed HDMI cable. It must be high speed to handle the 1440p 144hz bandwidth. Did the DP cable come with the monitor? Can you try another DP on the card? You can try another DP cable or cheapest option for a test is to get a HDMI cable that is at least v2.1.

"Hit Accept if its Helpful"
    I should have put in the first post, I tried 2 different DP cables. How am I supposed to update drivers when windows thinks its a "generic PnP monitor". When I tried forcing the driver install it turned chrome pink. But can you link me the drivers cause the ones I used were for windows 8. Also I had to force it in device manager and said "i have a disk" and selected the file with the driver download.