Backlight blleding

Schuyler
Schuyler Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,
I'm having backlight bleeding in 2 places just wanted to know if it is acceptable or should I apply for an exchange 

Answers

• Schuyler
    Schuyler Member Posts: 2 New User
    Please help me out asap
  • belik
    belik Member Posts: 397 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Acceptable
    if you replace you may be lucky and get better one but also you can get even worse
  • Seamonster
    Seamonster Member Posts: 2 New User
    This is totally not acceptable. you deserved to exchange for a better unit. This is a premium product and they should ensure of the quality of the product.
  • belik
    This is mainstream product which sold at 929 dollars not premium 
    However build quality is very good, yes, almost premium
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,253 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
    @Seamonster and @Schuyler what u have there its completely normal all IPS displays have bleeding I have seen much worse your very lucky u have nothing serious and warranty could/couldn't swap it or even worse you could end up with another much worse as @belik stated so it's up to you if u wanna chance it mine is much worse than yours and in 2 year's never had a single issue

So @Schuyler your question was is this acceptable and my answer is yes very acceptable it's up to you to accept it or not there's no major issue at all here

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    I've replaced plenty of ips screens over the years (for various reasons) and that level of bleeding is simply terrible.  Quite often I've found the actual panel is fine, but its the pressure from the bezel around it that induces the bleeding (if you close the lid a bit from one of the corners whilst observing the bleeding, you'll probably notice it gets less in some places and more in others).   Unless that is an enhanced photo, a large area of the bottom right and a smaller area of the bottom left is also terrible, hence the blue colour isn't remotely uniform.    Get it changed, and if they won't, find a local repair person who could remove the bezel and replace it with a lot more thought than how it originally went in to see if that improves it.
  • belik
    Yes I think that it’s impact if bezel because if you press on the bezel near a bleeding spot, it’s gone

but how this bezel can be installed different way? You can install it only in one position I guess 
    well maybe it’s thickness of adhesive tape can impact on it, I’m not sure
  • Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited December 2019
    belik said:
    Yes I think that it’s impact if bezel because if you press on the bezel near a bleeding spot, it’s gone

but how this bezel can be installed different way? You can install it only in one position I guess 
    well maybe it’s thickness of adhesive tape can impact on it, I’m not sure
    that is a tricky one and you have to be very careful - i normally take it off (not sure how your model comes off but a finger nail between the bezel and panel half way down the side with a bit of pressure normally pops a clip for the likes of thinkpads) then put it back on very mindfully, starting on both sides of the camera at the top and working my way around - one other thing, if the lid is slightly warped, as the panel is normally held in by screws and four brackets, that make it bleed (as can clips that hold the bezel in place if the plastic moulding was a bit shoddy.  That last one i normally end up shaving tiny bits off, being very careful not to mess the clip up, with a scalpel or craft knife (I'm not advising that i should point out!)).  That would all be at your own risk (I've been doing this IT stuff for 20 years) so a good repair person would be good!
  • neon989
    neon989 Member Posts: 47 Troubleshooter
    I will post a picture of mine when I get home so you can see a comparison as I'm not sure whether it is acceptable either..