Please help - Acer Predator G36 Series.

AliHadi123
AliHadi123 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

I recently encountered an issue concerning my computer, as I start up my computer suddenly starts beeping loudly and the monitor doesn’t show anything.

I wish someone could give me a suitable answer as I have really important documents stored in this computer and since I can’t seem to start it up it seems I am out of options.

I leave it to you all : )

Answers

• AliHadi123
    Hello,

I am terribly sorry as I seem to have forgotten important details of the issue I am facing. The beeping doesn’t have any sort of time gaps between them, it just beeps continuously. 

I have had the same issue a couple of times ago, but then it suddenly stopped when I had unplugged all wires including the power cord. I then decided to let the computer rest for a while before testing it again once more. It worked great, but after some time the beeping sound has returned once again.

Now I am faced with the issue again and I was hoping that someone has had the same problem as me and knows of a solution of some kind as I really need to start up my computer and get all of my important documents again. 

Again, sorry for not adding in the details before. Now I have completed the entire issue of mine : )
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,716 Trailblazer
    One long, continuous beep is usually an indication of bad memory. How much memory, and in how many sticks is installed in yours? Can you try it with just one installed?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AliHadi123
    Hello, 

Thank you so much for replying to me on such a short notice. 

I am terribly sorry but I have to inform you that I am not very proficient in the art of computers, and I really don’t know what you meant by that question. However I did research your question, and I have to first and foremost be able to start up the computer to read the answer to your question .

I have tried starting up the computer after a couple of hours, still no sign of it working. The computer is just utterly shut down, beeping loudly with no time gaps, and nothing shows up in the monitor, seeing as the computer does not respond except for the beeping sound : )

Again I am sorry if I didn’t understand your question because of the lack of knowledge concerning computers. Is there perhaps another possible solution to solve this issue I am facing?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,716 Trailblazer
    It sounds as if you would be best served by getting a technician to look at it. If you are still in warranty contact Acer support, if not try third parties like Geek Squad. If we make the assumption the problem is memory related, which the long beep suggests, they will be able to test with known good memory sticks and can verify if it's just a memory stick that's causing it or if it's the motherboard. Once that is determined you'll have a much better idea on what the cost will be for a solution. The G36 models are old enough that it could easily be better to upgrade to a new model rather than fixing the old one, but getting a handle on what's actually wrong is definitely the next step.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.