Shift key toggle issue. Nitro AN515-54

Options
Joemazing
Joemazing Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2019 in Nitro Gaming
I have a Nitro AN515-54 laptop.
Physically the shift key works just fine, both of them.
I need help finding the setting that would disable the sticky setting. (no not the windows sticky keys settings)
If I press either shift key and release it, the next keystroke will be capitalized and any following keys will revert back to lowercase. This is extremely annoying since I only want a capital letter while I'm holding the shift key. Instead I end up capitalizing words I do not want to simply because I grazed over the shift key for a split second before I continue typing.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    Options
    Go to control panel 
    Ease of access →Ease of access centre →set up sticky key 
                                         Or
    Step 1: Continuously press the Shift key 5 times.

Step 2: Select Yes in the confirmation dialog.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Joemazing
    Options
    I'm sorry, I made the mistake of assuming that when I turned windows sticky keys off and disabled the shortcut windows would keep it disabled. You we're correct it was in fact windows sticky keys messing with me. They keep turning back on and I can't keep them off. Seems like when the computer goes to sleep then wakes up it reverts back to sticky keys enabled. How is that happening?
  • GAMING6698
    Options
    Joemazing said:
    I'm sorry, I made the mistake of assuming that when I turned windows sticky keys off and disabled the shortcut windows would keep it disabled. You we're correct it was in fact windows sticky keys messing with me. They keep turning back on and I can't keep them off. Seems like when the computer goes to sleep then wakes up it reverts back to sticky keys enabled. How is that happening?

check if it helps.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box next to Start Menu and click on it.

2. Click on Ease of Access.

3. Click on Ease of Access Center.

4. Click on Make the Keyboard easier to use.

5. Uncheck on Turn on Stickey Keys and also uncheck on Turn on Filter Keys.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Joemazing
    Options
    Joemazing said:

check if it helps.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box next to Start Menu and click on it.

2. Click on Ease of Access.

3. Click on Ease of Access Center.

4. Click on Make the Keyboard easier to use.

5. Uncheck on Turn on Stickey Keys and also uncheck on Turn on Filter Keys.

Nope, sorry. That's exactly what I have done now, multiple times. It will stay off the entire time i use the computer, but then when i close it and pack up for the end of the day it reverts back to sticky keys enabled the next time I turn it on. This last time i left the box checked to turn off sticky keys if multiple keys are pressed. Hopefully this helps correct the issue. I'll find out next time the laptop goes to sleep. Maybe there is some weird flag set in the registry. It is really annoying though.
  • Joemazing
    edited December 2019
    Options

If I leave the settings like the above picture. It stays off and life is good.
    As soon as I put the computer to sleep then wake it up, it reverts to the below screenshot.

(I put this section in quote format because the font was too similar to the screenshot pictures)

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Read this Microsoft troubleshooting article for the exact same problem

Please click YES if I have answered your question, thankyou

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-keys-turning-on-after-my-computer-sleeps/332e2d7b-ab63-4c39-8bc7-f95e3dedcba8

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Dracus
    Dracus Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I am having the same issue. Whenever I am in a game, like Overwatch, my shift button will not be consistent. It works almost perfectly fine normally like in google docs, from what I can tell, and the fact that I'm capitalizing letters here. I tried activating and un-activating sticky keys, no resolve. I tried re-installing the keyboard drivers, no resolves. I've tried cleaning it out, no resolve. I even replaced the whole key, to no resolve. Basically every common solution, I have tried, to no resolve. It has to be a sensor issue, but I have not the slightest clue on how it either broke or stopped working. I am not the one to use force when playing. I did not spill any liquid on it, nor any hair or dust got in it, from what I can tell. I'm not sure if it's the same model, but mine is the Acer Nitro 5 from 2018 I believe, it's 2 years old. I'm not sure where to post this, but this seemed the most reasonable place to post, seeing as how the two problems are very similar, however, I can post this on a new thread if need be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.