No bootable device found swift 3

Psypsy25
Psypsy25 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi I would like to know what's the reason why I could not boot my laptop I can't see my drive on boot menu option, I just tried to clear the OS then reinstall it using hasleo hence afterwards I just found out that this laptop requires gpt not mbr drive. So I tried to convert it into gpt hence it is still not showing up.. I tried to use Rufus and use my external drive to act like a USB and put an iso with gpt and fat32 scheme.. I try to connect my external and boot the laptop I assumed that it should be appearing already on the boot menu for priorities but still having the same problem. In conclusion I could not able to make my laptop read any media from the the bios..

Is any other work around to get this fix? 

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    Try to disable secure boot to have better compatibility using an USB drive to install windows.
    and use an USB flash drive instead of external HDD, sometimes external HDD doesn't work during boot. (if available, use only USB2.0 port to boot)
    I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    Try to disable secure boot to have better compatibility using an USB drive to install windows.
    and use an USB flash drive instead of external HDD, sometimes external HDD doesn't work during boot. (if available, use only USB2.0 port to boot)
  • Psypsy25
    IronFly said:
    HI, IronFly thank you so much for lending a time for this.. I'll try your advice tomorrow once our power came back on again we are experiencing blackout tho.. 
  • Psypsy25
    edited December 2019
    IronFly said:
    HI IronFly, we still have a black out up until now. However a question came up to my mind. Since the ssd is not showing up on the boot menu section at the bios.. Let say the USB 2.0 has been red and I was able to load the OS setup.. Will the ssd will show up on the available space/volume where I could hit next and proceed on installation.. BTW the OS that I look forward to be installed is windows 10.. I hope you have time to answer this.. 
  • Psypsy25
    Ironfly so far so good, I was able to boot it up from USB disk. Hence the installation telling me it could not be installed, but what I have did is to delete the partition and create it again, and viola it works amazing!

Kudos!
  • IronFly
    Good to hear it!