How do I open a file that’s in my downloads when I double click it it does nothing! PLEASE HELPPPPP!

Madams19
Madams19 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I press the link for the file then the folder pops up and I save it then when I go back to the folder I press my downloaded and the file will not open for anything! I’ve been trying to figure this out of my own for hours! Thanks for the help in advance! 

Answers

• Hi,
    What happens when you right click the folder? Do you get the options like mine?

• Madams19
    Brummyfan 2 this is what I get 
    when I press open with it says view and that does nothing And the other option is  open with text but it’s like the coding not the actual words 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,708 Trailblazer
    What is the file name, including extension? Do you know what type of file it is?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Madams19
    The file name is “Unit 4 Test Review(5).rtf”  I do not know what type of file it is 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,708 Trailblazer
    That file is a "Rich Text File", an enhanced text file with some special formatting allowed. There are apps that allow opening a rtf files on a Chromebook, but easiest is just to go to Google Docs and open it from there. The normal Chrome text editor will not do it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.