Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Nitro 5 AN515-54 crashes on all games

Wessex_GreenlandsWessex_Greenlands Posts: 12Member New User
edited December 2 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
Hello,

I have recently purchased a Nitro 5 in the UK it is less than a week old - before I take it back as it is a long way to the store I wondered if anyone could help me troubleshoot the device?

Here are the specs of the machine 

AN515-54
Core i5 8300h
8GB Ram
512gb m.2 SSD
GTX 1050

The issues! 

When running anything graphics related be it photoshop or a game (I'm trying to play GTA V) the machine slows down and crashes.

the bluescreen error is always "VIDEO TDR FAILURE" nvlddmkm.sys 
When the game crashes the error is "ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT" 

Steps were taken so far to try and resolve the issue

following from google searches and threads on this forum I thought it could be the CPU getting too hot so I undervolted to -0.145v as per another thread this seemed to help at first but I got the same error in GTA after this. (I have since reset it to default) I also set the fans to max speed this did not help either

I have updated all of the graphics drivers to the latest version.

I tried running GTA v on the lowest graphical settings this did not help either.

I have attached screenshots, the memory dump log files and a hwinfo log into the attached folder

Please, can you help me!