Switch V10 not starting

Hamish12
Hamish12 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hi

Looking for help with a new problem, I live in France and bought my switch here, but with Acer help I was able to change the operating system language to English.

I have just been away and left my switch turned off, when I returned home I tried to turn it on but when I start it I get a message in French "preparing the automatic repair" It then does a diagnostic and comes up with automatic repair it says my pc has not started correctly. I tried the option to restart it went came up with "preparing the automatic repair"  I tried the advanced options.

leave and go to Windows 10 - same thing. I have tried to reset with and without saving my settings - same thing

I have been to the advanced options and tried every option but they all come back to the same thing and restart back at the "preparing for automatic repair"

So I am not able to go in to start my computer.

Any ideas I will be grateful.

Thanks

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Sure, you are going to want to put together a Windows 10 install flash drive so you can get into diagnostics mode, then from the command prompt run DISKPART to look at the hidden partitions on the drive. From there it's feasible to repair broken UEFI settings to get you booting again, unless the SSD has completely failed. The whole French thing is due to the base language, before Windows is loaded, being the correct language for the locale it was sold in.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Hamish12
    Hamish12 Member Posts: 3 New User
    thanks for your reply, not solved yet but you have set me off in the right direction. I restarted with my usb in, even though I couldn't actually select this option. This gave me all the options I had previously but now in English. I tried resetting my computer before but it did nothing, this time it is doing something now sure what just lots of flashing on the usb stick and a blank screen. I am hopeful I will get something from this, possibly a factory re set but that is much better than I had this time yesterday
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Great, keep us informed!
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.