AMT breaks after clearing non-volatile memory Veriton X6640G

BugHunter
BugHunter Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Windows-7 on my Acer Veriton X6640G was behaving badly. Attempts to apply the latest updates failed as did Win10 upgrade attempts.  A fresh install of Win7 required tens of reboots and many hours to complete. It too behaved badly, but when I moved the disk to another X6640G, Win7 ran fine. Overnight runs of memtest86 completed without error. After lots of troubleshooting, I finally fixed it by clearing the NVRAM using the jumper on the system board. Win7 ran find and I upgraded it to Win10. It now runs fine too.
However, now during the POST, the following messages are displayed briefly on the screen "Set MEBx Enter State Error" and "Get MEBIOS SYNC - Redirection Features State Sync Error". Attempts to enter the MEBx config at the CTRL-P prompt are ignored. And I can not longer connect to AMT with the opensource tool, MeshCommander. Those error messages turn up frequently in web searches for multiple computer manufacturers. Upgrading the BIOS to the latest version didn't help (which also seems to include the latest MEBIOS. Another clearing of the NVRAM also didn't help. If you have encountered these errors, were you able to restore AMT functionality? If so, how?