Iconia Tab 10 A3-A50 not starting, red LED flashing

Blompf
Blompf Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Hi guys, 

my Iconia Tab 10 A3-A50 charges up until the LED is green. When I press the power button, the screen is still black, only the LED turns off for about 2 seconds and then goes red.
Sometimes when the LED is red, the tablet speakers start some sort of clicking about every 5 seconds.
Sometimes the red LED doesn't stay on but flashes slowly: off for 2-3 seconds, then on for 3-5 seconds.

I feel like the screen might just be broken, but I'm not sure if this behaviour is even normal - can anyone confirm that this is a correct behavior of the LED and speakers when you're trying to boot up the tablet? I'm thinking maybe the clicking signals that I should enter my passcode if I leave it for a minute or so...

I have looked into https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/650423/#Comment_650423
but in my case the LED is a bit different.

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    I've seen similar symptoms when the battery is failing. It doesn't have enough juice to actually boot, but reports full or empty somewhat at random. A battery reset (either a pin hole in the back or a disassemble, disconnect, pause with power pushed, reconnect, reassemble) will often get things back into a functional mode when it's just confused but sometimes you just have to end up replacing the battery to get it back working again. Rarely it's the tablet that's failed and then there's not a lot you can do short of upgrading to a new device.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.