Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Aspire 5 A514-52 10th gen i3 Laptop (no trackpad, won't sleep)

Brand new Acer Aspire 5 A514-52 10th gen i3 Laptop. Trackpad was working. Installed Windows 10 from scratch and having 2 problems that I suspect might be related.

1. The trackpad does not work. There are no settings in BIOS for trackpad and device manager does not show the device at all. Uninstalled and reinstalled mouse driver in device manager. Trackpad doesn't work during Windows installation either. Tried F7 (and Fn F7) but the trackpad is not recognised at all. I see another member on the forum with the exact same issue with trackpad on same model.

2. When laptop goes into sleep mode it wakes by itself immediately with a blue screen error and then reboots. Tried updating every driver on support site without success.

Best Answers

• Pullit68Pullit68 Posts: 6 New User
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks brummyfan2 but this didn’t fix it (although I was trying to find out how to do a hard reset so thanks for that info). Solutions are as follows...
    Trackpad: Download the IO driver from Acer support site, expand the .zip file to the hard drive, open an elevated (administrator) command prompt and run install.cmd from the extracted directory. Restart and should work now although you may still need to press F7 (or fn+F7),
    Sleep issues: Install the Intel management engine software from the Intel website (not the Acer version).
  • Pullit68Pullit68 Posts: 6 New User
    Accepted Answer
    Pullit68 said:
    Thanks brummyfan2 but this didn’t fix it (although I was trying to find out how to do a hard reset so thanks for that info). Solutions are as follows...
    Trackpad: Download the IO driver from Acer support site, expand the .zip file to the hard drive, open an elevated (administrator) command prompt and run install.cmd from the extracted directory. Restart and should work now although you may still need to press F7 (or fn+F7),
    Sleep issues: Install the Intel management engine software from the Intel website (not the Acer version).

CORRECTION: sorry, sleep issues resolved by installing Rapid Storage Technology drivers from Intel.

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,889ACE Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Give this a try, it may or may not help but worth a try, switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains and follow the instructions in the video, reset pinhole is marked with green rectangle.
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

Please "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/22060540
  • Pullit68Pullit68 Posts: 6Member New User
    Accepted Answer
  • Pullit68Pullit68 Posts: 6Member New User
    Accepted Answer
    Pullit68 said:

CORRECTION: sorry, sleep issues resolved by installing Rapid Storage Technology drivers from Intel.