Aspire M3470G

MistaJay96
MistaJay96 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Hey Guys, I got. Aspire M3470G desktop that turns on but doesnt show any display. Not even the bios load screen. Does anyone know of a fix or common cuase of this problem? What are some common Fixes or causes of Aspire desktop that turns on and fan runs but no display? 

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi!!

@MistaJay96  

Very common work around, "Power Drain" or "Power Cycle Reset" process can be tried in your case. TO do that; 

1. Disconnect all cables from your computer and make it stand alone. 
    2. Ensuring that all cables are disconnected, including power cable... Just press & hold the power button of your computer for 30 seconds. 
    3. After 30 seconds, release the power button and reconnect all cables back. 
    4. Power on your computer and check for display. 

NOTE: You can try the same procedure in your monitor also. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• MistaJay96
    MistaJay96 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thats the first thing i tried. Also went threw a few other trick that i read up on. And did everything they said. Like reseating all internal hardware. Now after that. Its getting no power at all. Nothing. Its like it completely died. And i made sure everything went right back where it was suppose to. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    There are typically a couple of things that give those symptoms. By far the most often. it's an issue with the display. Either a bad monitor, a bad cable, the wrong input selected or the wrong video port on the computer selected (note that most Acers disable the ports on the motherboard when a graphics card is installed). Next most common is a failed graphics card, often you can test that by removing it and booting from the motherboard port. Finally is a failed computer. That could be the power supply (does it's fan start spinning when you turn it on?), the power switch (there are adapters you can use to bypass the switch for testing) or the motherboard (typically a failing motherboard will give you a diagnostic beep code). Let us know if any of that helps pin it down.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.